36 | I've Seen It All

Seaside, California November 1, 2012

Celesta

IT took us well into the early morning hours to get that house cleaned up. Scott and Lily were still upstairs. Laura and I hadn't slept at all, but after chugging coffee I felt fine. Amberly came tumbling downstairs at about seven. 

Eddie had crashed on the couch next to Samuel. The amount of whiskey Samuel drank last night was astounding. He didn't even seem fazed. 

Amberly was still convinced Eddie needed to go to the hospital; Samuel suggested something else. 

To go see Zach's father.

He believed Markus would know what Eddie was. Zach was convinced he was a werewolf for some reason.

I knew he wasn't. He would have shifted by now.

Not long after breakfast Amberly, Eddie, Zach and I headed over to Zach's house. We left after Laura filled us all up with omelets. 

Zach had eaten 10 of them. 

"So what is your Dad going to say exactly?" Eddie inquired. "I feel human. I don't have powers or super strength."

"Doesn't matter, you should have staples in your head right now or be dead," Zach muttered as he turned in his driveway. 

"Maybe you're an alien," Amberly suggested and started to giggle. "You could be related to ET!"

Eddie just sighed.

Once we were pulled up to the house, we all got out. Markus was already on the porch, his arms folded across his chest. 

Zach and I walked over to him, but I turned and noticed Eddie and Amberly were still lingering near the truck.

"Guys?" Zach called out. 

Amberly poked Eddie in the back, causing him to walk forward. He looked scared shitless. Was he afraid of Zach's father? The man did look like he would break you in half with one arm, but honestly, he was very nice.

At least to me anyway. 

"We are coming!" Amberly squeaked, poking Eddie in the back again, forcing him to walk over to us. 

Markus motioned for us to follow him to the shed. I had never seen Eddie so nervous in his life as we entered. 

The shed was large, big enough to fit at least 2 cars in it. A long table was put up in the back, an array of crap on it. I noticed however that there were weapons on it. 

"So, what exactly do you want me to do?" Eddie pondered, staring at the weapons like an idiot.

Zach's father strode over to a long machete. He picked it up and threw it at Eddie without notice.