48 | Silhouettes

New York City April 22, 2013

Scott

WE didn't get our first break in the search till eight this evening. Cynthia and Laura had gotten in late last night. We were now holed up in their hotel room, mapping out our next course of action. 

We had a map of the city, I had circled all of the places I believed Seana could be. They all turned up empty. 

Celesta had called us and said the coven was just about to New York now, so our time was slipping. We had one more day now before they could escape on a flight out of New York. Laura had some contacts that could let us know if they saw Seana and Elle board any flights.

They were all canceled due to a freak storm appearing out of nowhere. Laura was convinced it had been created by the coven to temporarily disable Seana from escaping. Nearly the entire area of New England was under severe weather alerts. 

Just as we were about to give up, a notification appeared on Cynthia's phone. Apparently, it had detected a phone location was back up. It was from Elle's phone.

"She's here!" Cynthia exclaimed happily. 

We all gathered around her as she clicked on the notification. It opened a map and pinpointed all the way to the other end of the city. It was located in one of the older neighborhoods of the Bronx. We were at the eastern edge of Queens. 

And just as the location popped up it immediately shut back off. But it was long enough, we got their location. 

We all piled up in Laura's SUV and quickly made our way across the boroughs. Traffic was horrible, I was just about ready to start running on foot. But Zach convinced me to stay, saying I would just get my ass kicked.

I was about to just throw him out of the car after he said that. 

Little shit

"Is this the right location?" Laura inquired and glanced at Cynthia. 

We were in a bad-looking neighborhood. Some cars had several bullet holes in them, and most of the windshields cracked. A group of about five men were walking along the sidewalk with guns on their hips. Was some gang war about to go on?

"This place is fucking scary," Zach mumbled under his breath, we had the window halfway open so he could catch their scent. 

"Anything yet Zach?" Cynthia asked, her voice strained with worry. 

We passed a boarded-up house now, and just as I felt for sure this was the house, Zach put his head back in the car. 

"I got a scent!" Zach shouted, causing Laura to slam on the breaks abruptly. 

Zach and Cynthia were already out of the car before Laura cut the engine. 

"Go with them, I'll stay here and be on the lookout for them or other things," she chuckled.