47 | Numb

Indiana April 21, 2013

Eleanor 

I no longer remembered who I was. Was I a killer? Was I a victim? The moment Seana whisked me out of the school, I was slammed into the trunk of a car. I had no idea where I was. I screamed for hours, trying to break free from the trunk.

It was to no avail. I had put dents in the ceiling of it, but I had something new to fear. 

The sun. 

I was in total darkness, but I could feel it. I lost track of the hours I spent in that trunk. Till we were in some random town, Seana yanked me out, and from there I lost myself. 

All I could think about was blood. It was everywhere. So many faces of people, now dead. 

It went on like that for days. I was trapped in the trunk, for my safety according to Seana. 

I stopped fighting her. I had become something I no longer recognized. I wasn't human anymore. I had become a monster. 

Whenever Seana forced me to drink from someone, there was no sense of stopping. I couldn't. I had no control over my own body anymore. I shut down, hiding in the furthest parts of my mind as the monster took over. After the first person I killed, something in me was gone.

I felt nothing. I wanted to feel horrified, but I couldn't. I was a shell.

This made Seana thrilled for some reason, she told me I had so easily flipped my humanity off. Whatever that meant. I tried thinking about any sort of emotion, but I couldn't. I felt something in my mind, a wall of pain waiting behind it.

I wanted to unleash it, to feel something. But a part of me was holding back from doing so. I didn't want to know what that pain felt like. 

Being numb to everything was better. 

We were somewhere in Indiana driving east, according to a sign I saw as we stalked through the night. Seana was dressed in all black, her face contorted into a sneer as we followed two men down an alleyway. 

They noticed us, one of them looking at us like we were easy prey. I could smell the scent of other women on him. We had sighted them at a bar, dropping roofies into the drinks of random girls. 

Too bad he would never touch another woman again. We struck, and just as soon as we drained them it was over.

Seana said we were being followed by the coven. She didn't seem to fear them, and neither did I. Soon we would be in New York, catching a flight to some country, never to be seen again.