12 | Lose Your Marbles

Seaside, California September 4, 2012

Celesta

WAKING up this morning I knew something was different. I felt it deep within me, a connection to something I was not supposed to even feel for another six months. It was unheard of for a witch to tap into magic before their eighteenth birthday.

I didn't tell my parents because I didn't know how they would react. My father was an enforcer for our coven, meaning he was strict in the disciplines of our coven. Anything out of it I did not want to know. My mother was an enforcer as well but stepped down from it to raise me. Being our coven's policing force and keeping others in the supernatural world in check; he was gone often. Unlike my father, my mother was much laid back.

From a young age, my father taught me everything about the supernatural world. With his strict teachings, I learned just about every spell there was to know. When it came to our kind, my father was the sort of fanatic who believed our species was greater, I only ever heard negative thoughts about other supernaturals. I had never met anyone else besides a witch my entire life.

I had control over my magic while Lily's magic was the complete opposite. I didn't think Lily's parents taught her much about magic. Her magic coming in early was bad. Very bad. An untrained witch with uncontrollable magic was a disaster waiting to happen. But maybe I was wrong, maybe her mother did teach her something, but it was outside of the coven's teachings no doubt.

I had already contacted Laura again, Elle's mother was going to help with our situation. God help us all. Elle's mother was not exactly what you would call orthodox.

Yet now we had to deal with this evil vampire who wanted to harm my friends. I did what Scott asked, I stayed with Zach throughout the rest of the day. Which wasn't difficult, we had all of the same classes except second and third period. The day dragged on slowly, in between classes I wanted to question Zach more about what happened seven years ago, but I didn't get my chance until our last class.

Gym.

The class where it was okay to throw a dodgeball at someone's head on purpose according to Coach Jennings. But since it was our first day, everyone just lounged around the bleachers, talking amongst themselves.

Scott had come back right before class started. He sat beside Zach, the two of them whispering to one another. While I was glued to my phone, I sent texts to Elle telling her to meet me at Lily's car. Then I messaged Laura asking about my cousin. I left out the part where a vampire wanted to, according to Scott, kill everyone.

Setting my phone aside I overheard them talking about Seana.

As they started to talk about how Seana tried to kill Zach, I felt it was time to finally ask an important question.