44 | Stand By Me

Seaside, California April 16, 2013

Scott

FOR the first time in weeks I felt my mind becoming clear. Having been constantly bombarded with hallucinations from the past and having every horrible thing I've done replay in my mind had left me insane. 

And sometime during that, I found my mind again and just wished for death. I remember Cel and Zach coming in earlier, I said things I wish I never did. 

Then they bled me out again. Not the best idea. 

It was doing nothing. The venom had seeped into my tissues, so no matter how much they thought bleeding me out would help it just made the suffering worse. And then the moment I tasted Lily's blood from that bag the only thing that crossed my mind was that they harmed her.

I just felt blind rage, I wasn't even aware of who I was attacking until Lily came up behind me. And then I woke up to see her tired green eyes pleading with me to drink from her. 

I wasn't going to fight her on it anymore, she held so much trust in her eyes. I just had to have enough trust in myself to stop. 

She was the only beacon for my sanity. And when I heard her murmur my name softly I let her wrist go. She had been cradling me in her arms, and now she was cradled in mine.

She reached up and rested her hand on my cheek, smiling. "You've gotten quite scruffy."

I just laughed. "I have been down here for two weeks so—"

"And you need a shower," she added with a big grin.

Rolling my eyes, I just pulled her closer and pressed my lips against hers. Having her here now was all I could ask for. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back. When she pulled away, her eyes held so much emotion in them, she looked like she was about to be in tears. 

Then the scent of blood hit me. My eyes locked on her wrist to see it was still bleeding profusely. Her gaze followed mine, her eyes widening.

"I think I might have lost a little too much blood today," she chuckled nervously. "Honestly I feel like falling asleep right now." 

I glanced at the blood bag I had thrown at the wall, which was at least a pint gone. Not to mention what I took from her just now, and now her blood was dripping on the floor. 

Lily looked around the room, her eyes looking half-dazed now. I heard just the slightest change in her heart rate. 

I didn't even think, I just sunk my fangs into my wrist and bit down as deep as I could, and pulled her back close to me. She didn't try and pull away, instead, she willingly let me heal her. 

I could see it in her eyes how repulsed she was, to her blood tasted revolting. But it was the only thing I could do to make sure she would be alright. I'm surprised she hadn't passed out from all the blood loss.