22 | Let the Flames Begin

Seaside, California October 15, 2012

Celesta

YOU would think after facing all of the shit that I've been through these past few weeks that going on a date wouldn't make me nervous. Well, it was. Especially since I haven't even told my father about Zach yet.

After I dropped off Elle, I hurried home, anticipation stirring in me. 

I was in my room pacing around, thinking of what to do when Zach pulled up in the driveway. My parents were downstairs, my father still oblivious that he was about to meet my boyfriend or not boyfriend. I still couldn't decide.

My mother however did know about Zach. And she was all for it, since for the first time in my life I was in an actual relationship. There were others that I've gone on dates with, but they were never anything serious. Plus, the moment they met my father they were left almost shitting themselves.

This was serious though. And I knew my father was going to cause a scene.

Glancing at my phone, I saw it was almost time for Zach to be here. I slipped my phone into my back pocket and went downstairs. My parents were sitting at the dining table, my father looking over files that were no doubt profiles on those he had to hunt for the coven.

While I wanted to take part in being a future enforcer for the coven, a part of it unsettled me.

My father looked up from his files to me, his expression darkening. "Celesta, your mother just informed me of something quite, interesting."

"Oh?" I asked then glared at my mother who just smiled at me sweetly.

"Yes, that you are going on a date," my father paused.

I swear I saw a vein pop out on his forehead.

"With a werewolf?!" he exclaimed.

"He seems like a very sweet boy Jeff," my mother chuckled as she patted my father on his shoulder, no doubt trying to calm him.

"Sweet? Werewolves can be dangerous and out of control!" my father thundered.

"So can witches Dad!" I shrilled, "God, you always overreact to everything!"

As if things could get even more dramatic, there was a knock at the door. Zach had finally arrived to pick me up. My father got up from the table, my mother trailing right after him.

I glared at my father as he gave me a fake smile, my eyes never leaving him as he walked over to the door. I could already imagine Zach probably gulping in nervousness at the prospect of meeting my father. Though he thinks he already knew about him.

Yeah, no. I don't have the balls to admit stuff like that to my father.

When that door swung open, Zach was standing there awkwardly. I saw my father tense as he took in the sight of Zach and realized that he was taller than him. Not by much, but enough to where my father would have to slightly crane his neck up to look Zach dead in the eye.