3 | Salvation

New York City, New York May 1994

Scott

YEARS passed as if they were nothing, one day the world was the same, and the next it was not. The last 18 years I've spent traveling the globe by Seana's side; wreaking havoc everywhere we went.

I lived to tear people apart, having their blood coat my throat was like a drug, an addiction. I've lost count of how many people met their end at my hands. After the hundredth, I stopped keeping track.

For the past month, Seana and I had come to New York, she had a meeting with a witch named Hazel Moore. For years she had been trying to track some woman that she wanted to kill. Something to have to do with revenge for her slain family.

While she was off taking care of that I was alone, jumping from rooftop to rooftop. I hadn't fed tonight, it was better to look for someone alone. It was easier to depose one body than multiple.

I stood on the rooftop of an abandoned brick building that rose five stories high. Soot from long ago stained the bricks; the building was completely trashed from years of neglect. After a moment of listening, I heard my next victim down in the dark alleyway. A homeless woman was digging through the trash, I felt my fangs wanting to extend and feed, but I picked up on movement coming from the alleyway where the woman was. Oh well, two victims, it will be then. But right before I jumped, I felt someone grab my arm. Before I could even think I was flung several feet from where I was and crashed to the ground.

Snarling, I jumped back up, glaring at the figure standing in the shadows. Then they stepped forward. A woman of tall stature walked towards me, each step slow and cautious. Her blue eyes were light and piercing, her dark brown hair tied back into a tight ponytail, and a long black trench coat covered her frame. Her skin was pale, her appearance striking.

"Sorry, was I interrupting your hunting game?" she asked, her English accent thick. She took another step closer, till she was just inches in front of me. 

"Well?" she hissed.

I glared at her snarling, "Yes, you were. Which is a fatal mistake, little girl."

Her expression turned amused and then started to laugh. Growing more frustrated, I launched at her, but all I caught was air. 

What the fuck?

I spun, finding her standing there again. She slowly smiled, showing her fangs as they came out, the white of her eyes blackened. But instead of being complete black pits, her irises remained a glowing blue.

"Well listen here little boy," she drawled. She sped beside me then gripped my hair, yanking my head down to the side till her head was above mine. Hissing through her fangs, she continued, "Your threats won't save you from me.