19 | My Loving Family

Seaside, California October 14, 2012 

Seana

I was completely still when I regained consciousness, the searing pain in my neck faded. The last time I had my neck broken was in 1994, which allowed Scott plenty of time to escape from me, thanks to Hazel.

But that didn't matter, I lay completely frozen as if I were still technically dead. I heard two voices near me, one of whom was Francis. The other was one I hadn't heard in almost a century. How was it possible I couldn't detect him? I roamed this entire school before I first came, familiarizing myself with everything and everyone. Yet here he was, my infernal uncle. 

"Francis you know you aren't supposed to interfere with anything, you know what the consequences could be," a familiar Romanian accent seethed. "I'm not going to have the sacrifice my wife made with her life to be for nothing!"

"You think I don't know what Claire wanted me to do? But instead, you would allow Seana to terrorize my family," Francis retaliated. "Just because she is the last of your line Orion, you can't bear to end her miserable existence."

"You know they are safe Francis, you made sure of that several years ago," Orion sighed, "Because of that I had to live without my beloved wife. Seana hasn't harmed any of your descendants, Francis. Believe me, she knows the consequences."

I'm sure my dear uncle glared at me as he said that. Believe me, I did, for a few decades ago when I was in Seaside, I had a run-in with Francis. A young witch was killing people left and right and was drawing attention to the supernatural. So of course, I wanted to dispose of her. The only reason I was in this awful town was for my stupid progeny.

There was a bond between a sire and their progeny. Sure, I wanted to kill him. But there was an instinct to keep an eye on him and make sure he was safe. Even without humanity, I was still worried for some reason. 

I could always find him; another perk of being a sire.

I was about to kill the bitch till Francis found me and told me I wasn't "allowed" to harm any witch of the Hathaway coven, only they could deal with her. Which was stupid, someone ended up killing her anyway not long after.

"You act as if that loss is yours alone to bear, not only did I lose Claire; I lost Adelaide," Francis snarled, "Besides, it appears your little niece has awoken and thinks we can't hear the sluggish beat the heart of only our kind makes."

"Seana," Orion addressed, I opened my eyes and rose to my feet.

"Uncle, it's been a while. The last time I saw you was 1905," I began, stepping closer to him, "My parents had just been killed, yet you did nothing. You offered me a home, but that was it. You didn't care that they were slaughtered by abominations."