40 | Somebody Else

Seaside, California March 30, 2013 

Eleanor

ALL of my cousins have come into their magic this past month, Lily and Cel just a few weeks ago. Amberly came into hers just five days after they did. And soon, I would follow in the coming weeks. My mother had been planning a huge celebration with Laura. 

I just hoped it wasn't too extravagant. I was not one for the parties. I could not handle liquor well at all. That hangover from the Halloween party lasted two days. 

I was going to join the newly created Rezza Coven. My mother hadn't been a part of one since before I was born. I was surprised she even joined Laura's. But the numbers had grown significantly. It stood twenty-strong now. A few more others had deflected from the Hathaway coven. 

It was Spring Break now, we had ten days off from school. Everyone was freaking out over prom coming and how horrible finals would be. And that other thing teenagers dreaded.

Finding a college to go to after we graduate in May.

I had applied to everything in California, with my grades though I should be aiming for Ivy League. But I wanted to stay close to home. 

All of us were visiting a college about four hours north of here in Grass Valley. Redmond University was the closest college that we could all go together. Uncle Robert was staying with Kenny so Mom could go with me. We were riding with Lily, Laura, Cel, and Zach. 

Amberly and Eddie were driving up by themselves. 

We were just going for the weekend. They had tours going on, so my mother and Laura were adamant about having all of us go there to check the college out. They offered several types of programs. 

Lily and I were already settled on business and design courses. 

I was busy packing in my room, I had everything placed neatly. We were supposed to be leaving in about an hour. I could hear Kenny's video game from the hallway, he was screaming at it now. That was all he did. 

Or he and his friends would go to the park and smoke. 

At 15 I thought he would have more sense than smoking weed or skipping class all the time. At this rate he might as well just drop out. He was flunking all of his classes. I offered I don't know how many times to help tutor him. 

But if he wanted to be in high school forever then that was his problem. 

I was already taking college courses online at school. When we started junior year I took the opportunity to get ahead. Eddie did as well. 

Amberly always told me I should have joined more clubs or gone to parties more often. That was never anything I cared to do. I worried about my future more than anything else. I may have missed out on some things, but I was so close to getting my associate's degree already that I couldn't care less now.