31 | To Hell With Reason

Seaside, California October 30, 2012

Celesta

BETWEEN trying to keep my cousin from going off the deep end and still making time to see Zach, these past few days have been quite hectic. Though with the homecoming Football game tonight, it was for sure going to be a spectacle. 

I just hoped Zach wouldn't knock someone out. He was at times unintentionally rough at practices. I always had to remind him that he could easily snap someone's arm off or worse, break a leg. 

I was also still reeling from arguing with Orion Petrescu, the vampire that my family trusted for some reason. When I asked my father why the coven entrusted a bloodsucker to watch over us at school, he just said it was because of Lily's grandmother. 

Even Francis was sketchy, and he is family. He is a distant relative, who was not only a vampire but a witch as well. 

I'm surprised my father could even stand to be around him for being both species. Reading through the histories of the coven, being a hybrid was considered taboo. 

It upsets the balance of nature supposedly or some shit. 

I had been sitting on the bleachers for the last 30 minutes as Zach practiced out on the field with the rest of the team. Amberly and the other preppy bitches were on the edge of the field practicing as well. 

Seeing the boys run, I did notice the hole Brandon left behind. He was one of their best players. I never liked the guy, but he was loved by a lot of people. Especially my cousin, despite the messy breakup. 

This week had not been easy for Lily. Ever since we all gathered at the beach last Saturday and said our farewells to Brandon, she hasn't been the same.

To the world, everyone thought Brandon just left town. But Mr. Petrescu had come back to take Brandon. I could only imagine that he was no longer alive. It was his wish to die as a human, and he did. 

However, I was thankful that Seana was nowhere to be seen, as well as her devil spawns. 

If I saw Isabel again, I would put her down. I couldn't just sit on the sidelines anymore. Mr. Petrescu and Francis were completely useless. Not to mention the former was Seana's fucking uncle. He could keep her in line and he didn't. 

Now Brandon was dead because of it. 

"You going to stare into space all afternoon honey?" I heard Zach call out. 

I snapped my attention to him. "Just thinking how to murder some bitches."

"Well, when you act on it count me in alright?" he teased.

"Sure thing," I chuckled. 

Zach just gave me a goofy grin and ran back out to the field. 

Glancing down at my phone, I saw a text from Lily telling me she was planning on coming to the game tonight. Hopefully, I could cheer her up.