30 | Reminding Me

Seaside, California October 24, 2012 

Lillian

THIS was not how I imagined this night would go. When I started dancing with Scott I knew I didn't feel right. My brain had turned to total mush; that or I was just a complete lovesick fool. 

The past few minutes have been nothing but a blur. I remembered when Zach came into the classroom and punched Scott. Then all three of us were sprawled on the floor, my genius self thinking I could prevent a fight between the two of them. 

It wasn't until Cel was rushing me to one of the restrooms that my mind was finally starting to clear. It didn't make any sense. 

"Lily are you even fucking fazed at what happened?!" Cel kept going on as she furiously was using paper towels to wipe the blood off my neck. 

My blood. 

I knew Scott did this to me. But I just remembered brief instances of it. I didn't even think I was in pain. I looked in the mirror of the bathroom as Cel continued to wipe the remains of the blood off. Some had dripped onto the thick strap of my dark blue dress. 

There wasn't even any indication he bit me. My neck was completely healed. Though my hair was now a rat's nest from tonight's events. 

Despite the amount of blood loss, however much it was; I felt okay. Scott's blood had healed everything and even got my head clear from whatever fog was over it. 

"God I am going to fucking kill him," Cel hissed under her breath. 

She stopped wiping my neck finally; it was about raw at this point.

"Get in line," I muttered. "I'm sure everyone we know will try to." 

Cel pursed her lips and sighed. She put both of her hands on my shoulders and locked her eyes with mine. 

"I'm so sorry about all of this," she began. "Honestly, I blame myself. Last night when I went over to talk with him he was adamant about staying away from you because of this exact thing. I shouldn't have fucking gone over there."

"You were just doing your thing," I chuckled sadly. "Always looking out for me."

"Yes, but I told him to just admit his feelings for you," Cel explained. "The two of you were going to explode at some point if nothing was said. But I just hate that it ended this way. I know he would never want to hurt you."

"I just want him to know that despite all of this I don't want him to hate himself. What happened has happened. Nothing will ever change it." I cried. "But I need to tell him that."

"Alright. But I am not letting you out of my sight, got it?" Cel queried.

Giving her a nod, I peered down at the floor to notice she did not have shoes on.