43 | In My Veins

Seaside, California April 16, 2013

Lillian

MY room had become a nightmare over the last two weeks. Stacks of books were piled everywhere. Francis had been kind enough to bring me his collection of spell books. I had been looking into anything I could do to help cure Scott's mind.

Even after being drained eight times, the venom was still in his system. I hadn't seen him in weeks now. The last time I barged my way into the Pierce's house I was blocked by Zach and Cel.

I had just started speaking to her again just last week. Seeing how crazed I was over all of this, I understood why she knocked me out.

Twice.

My lip curled into a snarl just thinking about it. I was over it. 

Almost. 

They were giving Scott just enough blood so he wouldn't start to desiccate, but not enough to where he would have any strength to fight anyone. I believe that was prolonging the problem, but Zach assured me it would just take a little bit more time.

Maybe another few weeks he guessed. 

I wasn't sitting around waiting while Scott was locked up like a damn animal. 

All the spells I looked up were related to cleansing the body and spirit. Or one that requires leeches. Let's just say there were some weird spells in those books; they were from the 1500s. 

So an idea had sprung into my head. A conversation I was having with my mother and Francis regarding werewolf bites yesterday. 

I had just gotten back from school and they were there in the dining room. 

If a human were to get bit, they would become a half-blooded werewolf. They couldn't take wolf form like pureblooded wolves, but they could still partially shift. So I asked her if a witch had ever gotten bit before. 

That was when Francis told us a witch couldn't be turned; our blood rejected the venom.

He had a run-in with wolves centuries ago, he and Orion were in the wrong place at the wrong time. A whole pack had surrounded them. They barely got out alive, he had gotten bit in several places. Orion went blood-crazed while he didn't. 

So since then, I had been awake reading. I think I had been awake for almost two days now. Everyone thought I had gone to sleep. Instead, I was high on caffeine and jittery as hell.