56 | Fever Dream

Seaside, California 2013

Seana 

I suppose it was my own idiocy that got me to this point. My hands were bound behind me with a chain that no one could break. 

Blaming my uncle for everything had done me no favors. He had this coven so fooled it was laughable. He was not there when they sentenced me to death. He instead came right before they transported me to where I was supposed to die. 

"I want a moment with her," my uncle ordered.

The two guards holding me just chuckled. 

"Orion, you know the elder's orders," one of them rebuffed. 

"If you want to live, then I suggest you let me speak with her alone," my uncle threatened.

Both of them loosened their hold on me and stepped back. I glanced at them, they were cowering before my uncle. Was my uncle that terrifying to them? 

He was nothing but a worthless piece of shit to me. 

My uncle grabbed me with a vice-like grip and pulled me with him until we were near a sitting area. He forced me down in the chair and sat down across from me. 

"Have you come to have one last laugh?" I spat. 

"No, I wanted to speak with you," my uncle admitted. "I wanted you to know I would have given you a quick death, despite you trying to kill my wife. But now I see a slow death is the best punishment of all. "

"Celesta is not your wife," I snickered. "She is her reincarnation who hates you more than I do."

I felt my cheek sting as my uncle backhanded me, nearly causing me to topple off my chair.

"Don't ever say that again," my uncle snarled. "She will come back to me one day." 

I just started laughing hysterically. "Good luck with that."

"I should have never turned you," my uncle remarked. "Who knew you would turn into a deranged lunatic."

"Take a look in the mirror Orion," I snapped, addressing him by his name for the first time in my life. "I was but just a fly compared to the things that you will do."

His blue eyes locked with mine, blackening slowly. I finally denounced him as my family. He was nothing to me now. 

"Like my parents, you drove those werewolves to the house," I murmured and edged closer to his furious face. "You thought of me as nothing but a stupid child. I researched the Mirren pack quite well. Even their origins."

Orion's face went absolutely blank as it dawned on him that I knew his secret. 

"There was an ancestor that all the Mirren pack descended from that still lives," I chuckled. "Their records were so well kept when I killed several of them in 1905. Even from the 1300s, the book was in such good condition."