27 | Warning Signs

Seaside, California October 24, 2012

Seana

EVER since I decided to keep a tight leash on my progeny, she has been resisting at every possible turn. Isabel was more than I could expect, she thrived in her newfound immortality, yet she was at times careless in her doings.

Though I didn't mind as long as she was discreet. I didn't need my uncle or his hybrid spawn breathing down our necks. But with those two despicable men that she turned weeks ago have caused me to contemplate if I should have even turned her at all.

I eyed Isabel with scrutiny as I saw her come through the doorway to my house. It was a modest place but nothing too showy. It was quite a ways out of the town's limits with forest all around us. We didn't need to draw unnecessary attention. 

But here I was inviting it with my wayward progeny who was covered from head to toe in someone's blood. 

I have told her repeatedly to watch who she killed or who she randomly turned. I did not know about those two men. But those were apparently the only ones.

So she has told me. 

"Where have you been?" I asked, my tone laced with venom. 

"Oh you know," Isabel murmured and licked her blood-stained lips. "Just having a grand old time."

I narrowed my eyes into slits when the scent of someone's blood caught my attention.

I sped in front of her and gripped her by the hair, causing her to yelp. "What did I tell you about being reckless? I told you to stop your obsession with that boy!"

"I don't care what you told that bitch, I can do whatever I want with him!" Isabel cried out. 

"When I make a deal with someone, I intend to keep my promises, Isabel," I whispered in her ear, dropping her onto the ground. "But by the looks of you, I see my word means nothing."

Isabel just gave a pout and got back up onto her feet. "You didn't break your promise to them. It was I that did it, so what?"

"Where is the Kaiser boy?" I hissed. 

While I could care less about his life, I needed to make sure he wouldn't be found. What retaliation I could expect from Ms. Rezza; I would deal with that when the time came. 

"Oh, he is resting in the trunk of the car," Isabel giggled. 

"Resting?" I questioned. "You mean to tell me you didn't kill him? Isabel, you are covered head to toe in his blood."

"Well I mean I did kill him, but I decided I wanted him to be with us forever!" Isabel cheered dementedly. 

My face became completely blank as she sped out the door. After Isabel ran out, I noticed Maggie walk into the room in a daze.