34 | Hold On Tight

Seaside, California October 31, 2012

Scott 

COMPELLING over fifteen drunk teenagers to not kill each other was a pain in the ass. But after pulling them away one by one and calming them down, and convincing them to stop drinking; things calmed down. 

Barely. 

Though much of the partygoers needed to leave at this point. This whole party was a horrible idea, just like any underage party involving alcohol. 

I didn't plan on coming here. I had Zach to thank for that, and his girlfriend who nearly broke my door down earlier today. They both told me to get over myself and try and talk to Lily again. 

If she even still wanted to try things, I would be all in. I didn't know what the future was going to be like. The worry of getting too close again always kept appearing in my mind, but I pushed it back. 

I still didn't forgive myself for hurting and being a total asshole to the girl I loved. Driving away and leaving Lily that night was one of the most difficult things I ever had to do. Hearing her tell me she didn't blame me for what happened, even much more so that she forgave me, almost made me stay. 

Even when I tried to scare her away, she still didn't stop trying. 

But that hatred building inside was almost too much. She didn't understand just how wrong it was for me to hurt her in that way. And just how close I was to almost killing her. 

Zach said the same thing she did. That it was an accident and that I needed to get over myself. 

Then I remarked that if he almost killed his girlfriend, would he stick around? 

He didn't seem too happy at that reply. 

But here I was. Watching people party and act like idiots. I didn't expect Lily to be drunk herself, but with the way life is going, I didn't blame her. 

After leaving her upstairs, the entire football team decided that having a brawl near the pool was the best way to end the night. Three of them had broken noses, and one with a dislocated shoulder. 

With my very few years of medical school, I did set it back without breaking it. I almost wanted to rip it off and start beating the shit out of these morons with it. Maybe that would teach them to stop drinking and getting into fights. 

After I finished compelling those idiotic people, I saw Celesta leave with something concealed under a blanket. 

That didn't look suspicious at all. 

After roaming through the crowd of people, I saw Elle dancing a little too close to the edge of the pool. The people around her didn't seem too concerned, they were just as wasted as she.