46 | Your Lies

Seaside, California April 19, 2013

Celesta

FOR the past two days everyone had felt uneasy. 

I had just gotten out of one of the coven's emergency meetings. My mother and a few of our enforces had just gotten back from Texas, cleaning up the mess Seana and Elle left behind. 

That was how it all started.  It was just rumored at first, but newspapers began to print stories about a serial killer making their way through the Midsouth of the United States.

The coven sprung into action fast and quelled the rumors. My mother even used a contact she had in a vampire hunter clan to come to assist them.

I wonder if Eddie's mother was from it. The Sanguinis clan was one of the most well-known hunter-clans in the northern hemisphere. 

And that was something we didn't need. I knew once the coven or the "contact" got to them first, Seana and Elle were done for. I stopped counting the reported death toll after 20. 

Scott and Zach had kept us updated on searching areas in New York. They decided to hang around there for a few days since Scott believed Seana would eventually bring Elle there.

Scott's prediction seemed to be right, the towns that were reporting random killings seemed to drift in a more northeast direction. They were probably somewhere in Arkansas now if I had to guess.

I was headed over to Lily's, I had Kenny helping me try and do various locater spells on Elle, none of them succeeding. 

I had one more to try, though it involved a few drops of blood from a close relative. Kenny was more than happy to help, even when the map burst into flames in our faces he never lost hope. 

When I walked into the foyer, I saw Lily, Amberly, and her aunt Margaret at the dining table. It was covered with printed-out headlines about the killings. They were working trying to figure out a pattern and where they may end up next. Laura and Cynthia were driving cross country, following the leads we gave them. 

We were trying to get to them first to the location and to stay clear of the coven. One of the most disgusting rules of the coven was that if you tried to defend someone who was committing atrocities, you would be cut down alongside them.  

My own mother would be duty-bound to harm her own cousins if they tried to intervene. However, I am sure my mother would never do that. Rules be damned. 

They were very close not too long ago. 

Kenny was hanging out on the living room couch with a Nintendo DS in his hands, his entire mind engrossed in it.

Though the moment I stepped into the room he tossed it to the side and bounced up excitedly.

"Do you have another spell to try?" he asked anxiously.