29 | When Sparks Fly

Seaside, California October 24, 2012

Scott 

DESPITE the urge to snap Seana's neck when she appeared out of nowhere, the moment she gave me that look I knew I needed to hear her out.

Something went wrong and now she needed help. How ironic was that?

We walked out of the gymnasium, away from the rambunctious teenagers. I hated dances, and even worse was the growing unrest among the students.

Earlier this evening, to bring some nostalgia from my high school years, I paid the DJ to play nothing but songs from the 70s.

The annoying ones; for the next hour.

I couldn't help but grin with satisfaction whenever Celesta's nose would wrinkle with distaste. She didn't like my tastes in music. 

Yet now I was outside with the person I loathed the most. We were behind the gymnasium now, away from being eavesdropped on. Once we were far away enough, I leaned against the brick wall of the building.

"Alright Seana," I sighed. "What did you do now?"

"I did nothing, but I need your help before something does happen," Seana replied, her tone unpleasant.

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. "What do you mean before something happens?"

"I have tried to make Isabel behave, but things have been very difficult as of late," Seana stressed. "Believe me, I have gone to great lengths to make her see reason."

"Really now?" I added dryly. "I am shocked she hasn't changed her ways over a weekSeana. But just cut to the chase, I don't want to be here with you any longer than I have to."

She just rolled her eyes at me.

"Due to my lack of supervision," Seana snarled, "Isabel turned that impudent boy this morning."

Impudent boy? She didn't mean—

"What?" I gawked. "You mean she turned, Brandon!?"

Who right now was in that gymnasium with Lily? The mere thought of her being in danger sent my blood boiling. All I could think of doing now was getting Lily out of this forsaken school and away from Seana's bullshit. Especially away from a transitioning vampire, what the hell was Brandon even thinking about being near her? Did he even know what was going on?

Seana reacted quickly before I even moved an inch. She gripped me by the arm tightly.

"Get your hands off me," I warned.

"Scott, we need to handle this matter calmly before it draws unnecessary attention," Seana explained. "Help me get Isabel out of here before she fucks up anything else."