21 | Way Down We Go

Seaside, California October 15, 2012

Lillian

EVER since last night, I've been dreading coming to school today, because I knew I would have to face Scott. I wish I could just float up into the sky and never come back down. But that was impossible.

Or was it?

It was hard getting to sleep last night, my mind would not stop racing nor my heart. I can't believe I just kissed him like that. What the hell was I thinking?!

I mean, ever since that night at Zach's I knew I started to develop a crush on him. I'm sure I was obvious as hell but right in that moment, it didn't matter. It didn't matter last night either, I just wanted to do it so I did.

Now all I wondered was what he thought. He did kiss me back, so maybe he liked me too?

My thoughts kept swirling in a thousand directions. Scenarios playing out in my head, from him being excited to see me to running away from me like I was the plague.

I love my imagination. I only wish it loved me and wouldn't always overthink everything.

When I first got to school this morning, I ran to class without seeing anyone. Which was good because Cel was always with Zach. And Scott was usually not far behind them.

Now here I was Chemistry. Amberly and Cel were paying attention to the board as the teacher was talking about something. I didn't even pay attention at all. I just kept eyeing that clock as time etched even closer to the next period.

I felt someone tap me on the arm. It was Cel.

"Lily, are you good?" she whispered. "You keep staring off into space... You aren't having any other visions again are you?"

"Uh, no."

I wish it was that.

"Yeah, you've been droning out since you got in here," Amberly piped in quietly.

I turned around in my seat to answer her.

"No it is not that at all, I just have a lot on my mind," I replied. "Something happened last night."

Cel started tapping my arm again. Lord help me.

"What happened? Did Scott do something? I'll kill him!" Cel whispered harshly.

"Girls! There is no talking during class!" Mrs. Dupont reprimanded, turning her back to the board with a huff.

Cel shut her mouth. But once Mrs. Dupont was completely looking away from us, Cel swiveled her head back to me and gave me that look. The one where I had to spill the beans or I was done for.