~Chapter 86~ The Santa Cubs Pt. 4

Season 6 - Movie

"Wait. We know how to pull a sleigh." Cadance said while Frosty and Holly were thinking. Frosty looked at her and gave a confused look. "Yeah! How much magic do you have left in that crystal icicle of yours?" River asked looking at Frosty. "Enough to make someone fly. Why?" Frosty answered. "If you used the magic in your crystal to fix the big sleigh, our Christmas spirit could be enough to power the sleigh and we could all fly you guys up to the North Pole!" River smiled. "That's..... actually a good idea," Holly said kind of shocked. Then she added, "I'll have to think about getting my dad to get you off the naughty list." River smiled big at her. "Alright, where's the crash site?" Cadance asked, looking at Holly. "Follow me," Holly said running off into the forest.

When they all got there, River said, "Woah..." "OK, now let's tack up the cubs," Holly said. It didn't take long before the cubs got harnessed up. "OK, now, Holly, what are we gonna do with the reindeer? We can't just leave them here." Frosty said looking at the 12 reindeer. "Actually we can. There's loads of candy canes in the back of the sleigh I brought down here. If they eat all of those, they'll be all energized up for Christmas next year. But there's no way they'll be able to fly all around the world tonight. So I don't know what we're gonna do about that..." Holly said as she got into the sleigh. She then smiled a bit as she got on the dash and exclaimed, "Alright, are you cubs ready to go on the flight of your lives?" "Yeah!" River and the rest exclaimed and cheered happily. "Alright, let's go!" Holly exclaimed. With River at the lead, the cubs soon took off.

As they flew, Flower and Aurora stumbled a little. "This is... crazy..." Aurora said. "Just stay clear and we'll be at the North Pole in no time," Frosty said, tightening the reins.

~A few moments later~

The cubs made it to the North Pole and River said, "Woah!!!" They landed and Frosty and Holly jumped out of the sleigh. Frosty ran into the workshop with River, Aurora, Misty, Flower, and Cadance looking back at him confused.

Frosty ran through the workshop and then saw his dad. "Dad!" He exclaimed happily running over to him and nuzzled him. "Son! You're back!" Santa Paws smiled nuzzling him back. "Oh, my gosh... Santa Paws?!" Cadance smiled. "Cadance? River? Aurora, Misty, Flower? I see Frosty didn't come up here alone." Santa Paws smiled. Holly came over with her ears lowered. "HOLLY!" Mrs. Paws and Santa Paws exclaimed happily. They ran over to her and hugged her by putting their heads on her back. Holly sighed happily and relieved as she nuzzled them. As Mrs. Paws hugged Holly, she chuckled, "You are so grounded," Holly's eyes widened. "Well, cubs, I am very happy to see you. But bad news. Due to the lack of Christmas spirit, I don't have enough energy to deliver the presents and the reindeer don't have energy to pull the sleigh. "I know, Dad. I've had an idea since we left to come up here. Cadance and her friends can pull the sleigh and Holly can deliver the presents." Frosty smiled looking at Holly. "Me?" She asked as her voice sounded a bit unsure. "You know more about being Santa than anyone, Holly. I'd be stupid to not pick you. So yes?" Frosty smiled. Holly didn't have to do much thinking but she looked at her mom and asked nervously, "Am I still grounded..?" "Mmm, after New Year's you'll be grounded," Mrs. Paws smirked. Holly sighed and said, "It is what it is," she jumped into the sleigh, stood up, and asked with a smile, "You guys wanna help save Christmas?" The cubs cheered and Cadance looked back at her as she and the others were still tacked up and asked, "Wait. We'll be home for Christmas though, right?" Holly nodded and said, "Yes, we'll get you home for Christmas one way or another." Cadance sighed calming down and finally agreed, "OK. Let's do it." "Yes! I knew you wouldn't let me down." Holly smiled. "Alright, cubs, the Santa Tracker is on the big screen here so we'll be keeping track of your progress and where you are." Santa Paws explained. "Got it, S.P." River smiled. "Got it, Dad," Holly said. Frosty looked up at his sister and said with a smile, "Good luck, sis," "Ha! I don't need luck. I've got this." Holly said, pretty sure of herself. "Alright, go save Christmas!!!" Frosty exclaimed. Holly tugged on the reins and the cubs started running. "They can do it..." Santa Paws told himself. The cubs kept running and soon gold dust came under their paws. All the elves cheered and River jumped up into the air taking a risk and luckily, he flew. Aurora and Flower jumped and they were flying, too. Lastly, Cadance and Misty jumped and they flew as well. Everyone in the workshop including Frosty cheered. Holly smiled and her new friends took off with the sleigh.

~That same Christmas Eve night~

I sat on the edge of South Rock and looked into the horizon. It was dark but the stars and moon kept the night hopeful and peaceful. Bakari came walking out of the den of South Rock and sat next to me. "I'm sure wherever she is, she's fine," he told me. "She's just a cub. She's never been so far from home alone before." I told him softly still looking out at the horizon. "She's not alone. Aurora, Misty, River, and Flower are with her." Bakari reassured softly as he rubbed my back. "But how do we know they're safe?" I asked jerking my head towards him aggressively a little. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder as I kept looking out at the horizon. "I just want her back for Christmas," I said as my head was still on his shoulder.

~Inside the den of South Rock~

Kesi was in the den trying her best not to cry. "I'm a terrible mother!" She yelled. "I can't even keep an eye on my cubs long enough that they won't disappear!" She yelled again. "Honey, this isn't your fault," Diamanto comforted. "Then whose is it!!?" Kesi snapped. "You and I both know they can get into trouble by themselves," Diamanto said. Kesi cried into his chest that was covered by his mane but no tears came out and she said, "I just want them home for Christmas," "I know... me, too," Diamanto said softly with his chin on Kesi's head as she was crying into his mane-covered chest.

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the slower updates. I've been rping so I haven't had much time to write. Love you guys! I give up asking for story ideas lol. Goodnight.