~Chapter 10~ The Lion Guard

Season 1

The next morning, Tabia ran inside South Rock and said, "Princess Kia, wake up! Today's a hunting lesson, remember?" I got up in fear wondering what was so loud that woke me up. I turned and saw Tabia. I groaned and said, "Ugh, Tabia, you can't just come in South Rock whenever you want." Tabia rolled her eyes and said, "Actually I can because I'm in your pride. Now come on, let's go!" "Did you just roll your eyes at me?" I asked firmly puffing out my chest and standing up to her. "OK, sorry. Come on though! It's time for practice hunting!" Tabia said jumping up and down excitedly. "Actually, Kia is going to have to pass on this one. Her father and I have something to tell her about." Mom said coming in smiling. "OK. Bye, Your Majesties." Tabia said running off. "Thanks for getting me out of there." I said. "No problem but your father and I actually do have something to tell you about. Follow me up to the edge of South Rock." Mom said.

I followed her up to the edge of South Rock and saw my dad already sitting there with Kabira in between his front legs. "Hey, Dad. What are you doing up here?" I wondered. "Kia, we need to talk to you about your future." Mom said. "Mom, I'm going to be a great queen. I promise." I said, assuming I knew what she was talking about. "And I have no doubt you will. But I mean a different thing. Your father and I agreed we wouldn't talk to you about it until you were a bit older and now that you are and bit older, it's time you knew." Mom told me. I raised an eyebrow in confusion looking at dad. "About the Lion Guard." Dad said finishing Mom's sentence. I was still confused. What's the Lion Guard?" I asked them. "The Lion Guard is a team of five lions who protect the Southlands and defend the circle of life." Mom explained. "Sounds cool," I said not sounding too interested. "And YOU are its new leader." Mom grinned. "Me!!!!!!?????" I freaked. "Yes, Kia. It's a big responsibility. The Lion Guard is made up of the fastest lion, the strongest lion, the bravest lion, and the lion with the keenest of sight in the Southlands. And of course, the fiercest lion... you. You were gifted with a powerful and legendary power; the Roar of the Elders. When you use the Roar of the Elders, you can blast and cause tornado to anything and towards your opponent. But you must not use it in anger." Dad explained standing up proud and acting out all the words he said. I was trying not to drop my jaw. But my ears were all the way down. I was super amazed. "She has no words," Dad said smirking to my mom. Mom smirked back at him with a raised eyebrow."So now, Kia... you must scavenge the Southlands and assemble the Southland's bravest, strongest, fastest, and keenest of sight lions." Mom said. I was a little shook because this was all happening so fast. "Wait a minute. In less than a week I just found out I was betrothed, I got lost in the Northlands, and now I'm being told that I'm just going to become the leader of a group that protects my home which includes fighting?!" I said a bit upset. To be honest, I was a REALLY upset. "Well, honey, you see, with Kabira and her loss of eyesight, your father and I have been super busy keeping her fed and safe without having to worry about the amount of predators in the Southlands. Chiku is now ambushing our pride at night not to mention her assembling her whole clan to do so." Mom told me. I sighed with my ears down. "OK, OK, I get it. You and Dad are super busy with Kabira and ruling. But I still don't get why you guys are rushing me into all this stuff. Am I not that important to you like I used to be?" I asked. "No, no, honey, we love you. More than anything, it's just-" Mom started as she put her paw under my chin then stopped talking when she saw Kabira walking on the tip of the rock on South Rock. She gasped in fright and she and Dad ran to grab her knocking me over in the process. But it was too late. Dad accidentally shoved Mom and he tripped so no one could grab her. Kabira fell off of South Rock. I gasped and yelled, "I'm not losing a family member today!" Without thinking twice, I ran down South Rock and rushed underneath the rock of South Rock and caught Kabira before she fell to her death. Mom and Dad both "fewed" happily. I smiled reassuringly. Then a marking appeared on my left shoulder. It was in the shape of a roaring lion's head. It was a lavender color. "Looks like you really are the true leader of the Lion Guard." Dad said. I shrugged my shoulders and just agreed with him because I didn't want to pick a fight. "I guess I am," I said. "Now go find your teammates. And remember, they have to be lions!" Mom called. I shook my head in disappointment as I left to find my potential members. My parents weren't who they used to be anymore. In some kind of way. It's hard to explain what they changed into.