~Chapter 21~ Christmas Pt. 2

Movie

That's me up in the picture!

Me and the Lion Guard took Crystal to my father but Kesi just went straight to the Lair once we got to the top of South Rock. As I watched her leave in confusion, Asha said, "What's with her today?" "I don't know but we're gonna talk..." I said. I turned to my father and said, "Dad, this is Crystal. She's the snow leopard we... mistakenly misjudged." "Hi, Your Majesties," Crystal said respectfully as she bowed down. Mom and Dad both nodded as a sign of greeting. "Hello, Crystal was it? What brings you to the Southlands?" Dad asked. "Your Highness, I was blown away by the blizzard that passed by my home, the Snow Empire." Crystal explained. "Wait. So you aren't even here on purpose? You just got blown away by the storm?" Naju wondered. "Yes!" Crystal said. "What about you sneaking up on the zebras?" Asha asked folding her ear back violently. "I was just hungry. I know I probably shouldn't of made myself look like a threat as a first impression on the Southlands. But I 100% respect the circle of life just like you all! It's just that I couldn't eat anything in the Snow Empire." Crystal said. "Doesn't that place have like, a gazillion animals there?" Asha asked. "It does but... I'm not a good hunter. It's super hard and everyone kept making fun of me." Crystal said. "Hunting is harder than it looks," I told Crystal. "I kinda lost my way back home. Since I've never been here before, I don't know what path is the right way back to the Snow Empire. Can you help?" Crystal said. "Of course we can. Kia, please escort Crystal back home to the Snow Empire with the Lion Guard." Dad said. "What?!" Asha gasped. "The Snow Empire?" Naju said confusedly. "We have a duty to stay in the Southlands." Kabira pointed out. As I watched the Lion Guard murmur, I walked over to my dad and said, "Dad, can I talk to you alone for a minute?" Dad raised his eyebrow confusedly and walked inside South Rock with me. I sat down in front of him and said, "Dad, the Snow Empire is so far away and it's super cold there. Not even my fur is heavy enough to survive that cold climate. And also, we have to stay here to protect the Southlands. There's no way!" I told him. "Kia, I believe you can do anything. And besides, you'll have the Lion Guard with you." Dad said. I smiled at him but it still didn't make me feel better. "Do anything you can to get that leopard home. I love you." Dad said. I thought and then perked my ears up. "I know who can help us!" I exclaimed as I ran out of South Rock. "And, Kia!" Dad called. I stopped at a sharp stop, looked back at him and said slowly, "Yes... Dad?" "Remember, alone you are strong. With the Lion Guard, you're unstoppable." Dad said. I smiled at him and said, "I'll remember that whenever I need it." Then I ran out. Dad smiled at me and chuckled.

Outside the entrance of the den of South Rock, when I walked out, I saw that the Lion Guard, Crystal, and my mom was staring at me. I was totally creeped out. "Um... hi?" I said, out of words. "So? Are we going to the Snow Empire or not?" Kabira asked. "Yes," I smiled closing my eyes. "Yes to not or yes to no?" Kabira asked. "Wait, what?" I wondered confusedly. "Are we going to the Snow Empire?! Yes or no?" Asha asked more clearly. "Yes," I said again smiling. "What!?!" Kabira freaked. "What?" I wondered. "Kia, it's freezing here! It's probably gonna be below zero there!" Kabira said. "Aw, don't worry, baby sis. It'll be fine. I'll keep you safe." I teased as I rubbed Kabira's head roughly in a joking way. Kabira moved her head and argued, "I don't need protecting! I'm fine! It's just, how are we going to protect the Southlands if we aren't IN the Southlands?" Asha and Naju both pointed to Kabira and said, "She's got a point," Kabira looked at me and smirked. "Too bad, we're going. Now." I said grabbing Kabira's scruff as the others followed me. "Be safe," Mom said nuzzling me. I nuzzled her back and said, "I will, Mom,"

As we were walking, Naju stopped. "Hey, wait, where's Kesi?" He asked. "Eh, who needs her?" Asha asked annoyed. I glared at Asha and said, "We do! She's the fastest which means we can't just leave without her." "But, Kia, she literally disrespected you! She said "whatever" towards an attack!" Asha said raising her eyebrow. I raised my eyebrow at Asha and said, "Asha, she's part of the team. Come on." The Lion Guard, Crystal, and I ran back to the Lair to get Kesi. Asha groaned and then followed us. It took us at least five hours to get Kesi out of the Lair but we managed. I don't know what was going on with her. One day she just... changed. "OK, let's take you home, Crystal." I said as I left the Southlands. Kesi was shrugging behind.

Thanks for reading!