~Chapter 55~ Challenge of the Brave Pt. 1

Season 4

Hey, guys! It's been a while since I've done an author's note on the top here before the story! But I thought you should know this before you read the chapter. So some chapters will include events from Tangled: The Series. Cause I'm planning on a BIG twist later on in the story chapters and I want the upcoming chapters to be even more interesting and shocking. Love you guys!

~14 days before the war~

One evening, with the sun already setting, I was walking through the Southlands with Kabira. "So did you want me to patrol with you? Because you still haven't told me." Kabira said to me. "I just wanted to talk to my little sister. Is that okay?" I asked smiling with a raised eyebrow. "I guess. It's just kinda weird. I mean, we haven't just had a sister-to-sister talk in so long. Why do you wanna do it now? Right before the war?" Kabira asked. When she noticed my smirk at her, she looked down, hung her head, and mumbled, "And... I just answered my own question..." I laughed out loud and then said, "So let's talk Kesi. You think she'll be able to participate in the war if she has a cub inside of her?" I asked. "Nope. Best thing to do would be to let her rest up while we're in battle." Kabira answered. "But we need her," I complained. "And that cub or cubs need it's mom. You can't force a pregnant lioness to fight. It's just not right." Kabira said looking up at me. I sighed and said, "I know," looking at Kabira, it's hard and almost sad to see how much she's grown. But she's my baby sister; she'll always be the same little blind cub I once knew. It was almost impossible to believe that Kabira's now a teenager and how much she's grown up even though she's right in front of my face. Just then, I saw Asha running through the Southlands faster than lighting. Kabira and I looked at each other confused and I asked, "What was that about?" Kabira and I both ran after her.

Once we caught up to her, I panted with Kabira and asked, "Asha, are you okay?" But she didn't answer. "Asha?" I asked once more. Kabira looked at her and then me confused. Asha looked over at us then said, "Sorry, Kia, I'm just really busy with this important thing. I've been trying to sign up for this thing all day!" I could see that Asha was kind of panicky so I said, "Woah... calm down. Sign up for what?" Asha sighed in groaning way as she looked the other way then looked back at me and replied, "The Challenge of the Brave. It's a competition between five of the bravest animals in the Southlands or any place in the Savanna. I heard one competitor is from the Outlands." "The Outlands? The place that is super creepy and needs cleaning? Those Outlands?" I asked. "Mhm," Asha nodded. "OK. So you're signing up. Great!" I said as I walked away with her which left Kabira there by herself. "OK. I guess I'll just... oh, nevermind." Kabira said walking off annoyed.

~1-2 hours later~

It was officially night and the stars were visible but the moon was nowhere to be seen. I held back my yawn and stood tall behind Asha. She turned to me and said, "OK, Ki, I'm in," "That's great news, Ash!" I exclaimed. Yep. Ki. Ki is my new nickname. In fact, I think it's my first nickname. And it's the only one that actually makes sense. Asha looked again and saw that there were only four competitors. I looked over at her and said, "Ash? Everything okay?" "Huh, it says there's only four competitors. Eh, whatever. I'm sure someone will have the guts to go against me." Asha said. I couldn't hold it in any longer and yawned big. I didn't know what to do next since Asha saw my yawn so I just smiled big to cover it up. But Asha just gave me a warm smile and said with one single scoffy chuckle, "Yeah, I think it's been a long day for both of us. Let's call it quits for the night." "I was actually thinking the same thing," I smiled kind of weakly. Asha chuckled and walked into South Rock which was right behind us. We were in front of South Rock when we were talking just a few seconds ago. I went to South Rock, too in hope of some sleep. Maybe like, 10 hours or so.

~The next morning~

I woke up early to the light of the rising sun. I woke up earier than I usually do. At this time, I usually sleep for about 2 more hours. I woke up right when the sun started rising. Just then, Asha walked in and said, "Morning, princess. Come on, it's time to go." Asha then walked away. "Go? Go where?" I asked but there was no answer. She was probably already gone if I didn't know better. Mom walked in and I sighed happily with relief in my voice as I walked over to her. "Good, someone I can talk to without them running off," I said. "Asha's just excited. Today she'll get to prove herself." Mom said with a smile. "Wait, what?" I asked totally confused. Mom smiled and was about to say something else until Kabira came running in and grabbing something that looked likea flag and then she ran back out yelling, "Challenge of the Brave! Yes!" I gasped with my pupils getting small and freaked, "THAT'S TODAY!?!" "That's what I was trying to tell you," Mom pointed after she nodded. "Well, Asha will be even more excited when she finds out what I did for her." I said with a smile as I left South Rock.

~At the Challenge of the Brave stadium~

I sat in the front on a high level with my mom and Kabira. But right when I sat down, I got back up again and left. "Kia, the royal family is supposed to sit up here," Mom whispered. "Yes, but then how am I gonna compete?" I asked with a smirky smile as I left. Mom looked at Kabira confused as Kabira crawled away. "And where are you going?" She asked with a little annoyance in her voice. "Up there," Kabira said looking at a long and high up pole. "You're going up there?! Oh, no, there is no way you're doing-" Mom started then looked around. Kabira was already gone. Mom sighed.

Mom's mind

I miss Kazija...

"WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE OF THE BRAVE!!!" Kabira announced. All the animals cheered. It was cool to see animals from different kingdoms and lands here. I walked over to the competitors and said, "Hey, everyone! Your fifth competitor has arrived! How y'all doin'? What's-" Asha pulled my scruff over to the side and snapped, "WHAT areyou doing here!?" "Ummm... I live here?" I said kind of confused on the question. Asha started to get angry and said, "Noooo, I MEAN, why are you in the competitor's zone? The competitor zone is only for the... well the competitors." I just smiled at Asha. Asha quickly got it and said, "Oh, no. No. No. No! There is NO way you're doing this with me." "Oh, come on, Asha. It'll be fun! You and me, two best friends and fighting-crime-parnters competing against each other in a friendly competition that could kill you!" I smiled. Asha growled lowly and said, "There's no way you'll do this without somebody laughing. And besides, if you do this than all the attention and glory will go to you!" Was she arguing with me? "That's not true. And why would they laugh at me? They love me." I said with another smile. The "boss" of the game walked over, saw me, then said, "Oh. Hello, princess. Did you get lost? The bleachers are right over there." Asha smirked at me. "I'm actually competing," I told him with a smile. He was silent for a minute then said, "That's amazing!!! Good luck to you!! What am I saying? You don't need luck!" He then walked away. I smirked back at Asha and she rolled her eyes. "Asha, what's wrong with you? I only did this because I didn't want them to have to cancel the game if no other animal signed up for this. And so that I could have fun take over my stress." I told her. Why was she acting like she didn't want me here? "What if you get... um... hurt! Yeah, hurt! Then who will take over the Southlands when your mom is gone?" She asked with a fake smile. I could tell she was just trying to make an excuse for me to not compete. "Kabira will. You don't see her getting into anything dangerous. She's too busy having fun up there." I said chuckling as I looked up at her on the tall pole, waving the flag around. Asha knew she wasn't gonna make me get out of this so she just groaned and said, "Fine. Just don't get in my way." After that snappy comment, she got down by the starting line and lifted the back of her body up. I was still pretty confused on why she was acting like this but I just shook it off and stood by the starting line. "Alright, everyone! On your marks... get set......... don't kill yourselves by the way. GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kabira yelled from the pole.

Thanks for reading! I got this from Challenge of the Brave in Tangled: The Series. Also, the upcoming chapters will be longer than most chapters. If I made the Pt. 2 on this same chapter, there would've been 2,000+ words! Love y'all!