~Chapter 28~ Christmas Pt. 9

Movie

Kesi walked over to me as I was talking to Asha and Naju and said, "Hey, Kia? Can we talk?" "Uh... sure?" Kesi and I went behind and waterfall and said, "So I was wondering if I could invite someone over early." Kesi said. "Oh, uh... yeah, sure. Just make sure he or she doesn't get in the way of your Lion Guard duties." I told her, then walked away. "YES!" Kesi exclaimed then ran to the Northlands.

All around the Southlands, the animals were waking up and once they saw their gifts, their tired faces turned to be full of cheer and joy. Asha and Naju already handed out invitations to the Christmas party. So now everyone at South Rock were just waiting for two things; Alberta to arrive and the Southlanders. Well, I guess it's actually three things since we were also waiting for the Northlanders. I was in the edge of South Rock and was looking around eagerly. Naju walked up to me and sat down on the edge of South Rock, too. "You still looking desperately for the Northland Pride?" "No, I just-" I started then Naju looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I sighed and admitted, "They should be here by now. I'm worried they're not gonna come. Maybe they really are just as cold as their land." I looked down sadly and lowered my ears. "Ugh, Kia, they shouldn't be here by now. Not even the Southlanders are here yet. You just need to chill." Naju said. I still looked at the ground. Kabira walked up and reported, "Hey, uh, Kia? The Southlanders are-" Before she could finish, I saw something in the corner of my eye and gasped. "The Southlanders are arriving!!!" I exclaimed excitedly as I quickly got up. "That's... what I was going to tell you." Kabira said folding her ears back annoyed. "Thanks, baby sister," I said as I kissed her head and ran to the bottom of South Rock. Naju looked at Kabira confused and she did the same.

Once I made it to the bottom of South Rock, I smiled at everyone and said, "You agreed to come!" "Yes, and . we are very grateful that you invited us to this wonderful idea." The female elephant leader, Edwina said. I bowed down to her and said, "I hope that it will be a great new tradition we start to celebrate for all the Christmases to come." Mom and Dad were sitting "regally" behind me. "I'm sure this will be a Christmas no one will ever forget." Mom said smiling at me. I smiled back at her shyly and then looked away and saw Bakari, Luna, and a few other lions from the Northland Pride. I smiled a little and walked over to them slowly with my tail kind of hanging down.

I smiled at Bakari and folded my ears back a little. He didn't look like he was in the mood to talk but this was a party so whatever. "Hi. You... came. I'm-... thank you. Having you guys here is a legit chance to... maybe... make peace." I said. Why was I stuttering. "Why do you sound like you're surprised we came?" Luna asked coldly. Asha popped out of nowhere and said, "Because we are," I pushed Asha out of the way and chuckled nervously trying to act like nothing ever happened. Bakari nodded a little freaked out and said, "It was really nice of you and your family to invite us to this... get together. Even though we're pretty much hated here." Bakari said. ".......Heh... yeah! I mean-! No! Well I mean yes to no-wait, what?" I stuttered. Bakari and Luna looked at me confused and kind of weirded out. Luna whispered, "Let's get out of here..." Just as they were about to hang with the other lions in my pride, I asked a little concerned, "So where's your mom? Did your mom come? Answer the first question first!" I said. " Uh... no... she didn't come... she's back home in the Northlands picking her plan of revenge." Bakari said. "Ugh, again, she's not caring about her home or pride and only herself." Luna snapped. "OK... well I hope you'll-" I started then I saw big flashy lights and rare animals pop out of nowhere in a line. There was a big... uh... container in the back of them which was what they were pulling. "Finally..." I said. Alberta walked out of the big, giant, gold, egg thing. I trotted over to her and smiled, "Hey, Alberta. Thanks for coming over." "It was my pleasure, Princess Kia. And I have just the song for this party!" Alberta said bowing down to me. "Great!" I exclaimed.

~A couple hours later because I'm lazy lol~

Once the Christmas party was over, I had a LOT to clean up. As I picked something up, Mom put her paw on my shoulder and chuckled, "You can worry about that tomorrow." I smiled shyly and sighed happily. "You did a great job on the party tonight, Kia. I knew you could do it." Mom told me. "Do you think Dad liked it? That's all I'm really worried about. He never admits to anything..." I told her. Mom sighed and said, "Oh, your father... just doesn't understand you like I do. He thinks-" "He thinks I'm a weak little cub who still needs protecting." I said looking down. "He thinks you're a bold and independent leader. But he's wrong. And so are you. You are independent but sometimes you're too independent. And that can sometimes lead to... eh, problems." Mom said. She nuzzled me then walked back to South Rock. I saw Bakari getting ready to leave and walked to him with a smile.

"Hey, thanks for coming to the party today. It really meant a lot." "Yeah... no... problem. The party actually wasn't too bad. For a Southlander." I smiled at him and then Luna butted in and said, "OK, "princess", enough flirting with my brother. We gotta go." Luna said as she pulled Bakari back to the Northlands. I laughed and then went back to South Rock.

"Well, today was a great day. We got to dance, eat, and hang out. And... other stuff." Kesi giggled. Diamanto chuckled in a chill way and said, "Heh, yeah, today was great. But I gotta get going." Diamanto said as he kissed Kesi's cheek then ran off back to the Northlands.

Kesi's mind

Did he just kiss me in front of South Rock?

Little did the two lovebirds know that Kabira was nearby a tree and she saw that they kissed. "Interesting..." She said.

So today Christmas was at me best Christmas ever. We decorated the biggest tree in the Southlands and had a great time. This might have been... the best Christmas ever!

Thanks for reading, guys! Wow, I published two chapters in one day! That's a new record!! Love you all! Stay home and stay safe! And another thing, just out of my opinion, I think this protesting needs to stop. This black lives thing has gone too far. I agree, black lives do matter. But not just them, I think all lives matter. For all the people who have a problem with black people, I'm black and I don't care what other people say. I wanna be an astronaut and I believe I can do it!😏😏