~Chapter 80~ (No title again lol sorry)

Season 5

The alligator jumped and then Cadance was about to do something but Bakari jumped in front of her and snarled. He growled at the alligator and yelled, "Leave her al-" the alligator cut him off by attacking by using his tail and lashing him in the water. "DAD!!!" She yelled in shock. She was panting with her ears totally down violently and in shock, too. She was just about to jump in until Bakari got out and scratched the alligator. He snarled and kicked it. After a few minutes, the alligator had enough and left. Bakari panted, growled, and then looked over at Cadance. "Are you okay?" He asked softly as he nuzzled her. "Yeah," Cadance said panting. Louis popped his head out of the ground and after Bakari nuzzled Cadance, he looked over at Louis and said, "Thanks for getting me, weiner," "No problem, Your Majesty," Louis bowed with a smile. Cadance was smiling at Louis and then said, "I'm gonna go hang at South Rock, Dad " "K, Cade," he said, using her nickname.

~Sunset~

Cadance sat on the edge of South Rock with me watching the sunset. "He was a wise ruler," I said, continuing our conversation about Dad. "I wish I got to meet Grandpa. He seems like a great history lesson!" Cadance teased. I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh, haha," "So? How do you feel? You know, tomorrow being the first day leading your Lion Guard." I asked. "I'm pretty excited but nervous, too, heh," she said. I smiled and nuzzled her. "You have nothing to worry about," I told her with a smile. "I was pretty nervous the first time I led the Lion Guard, too," "You're just saying that to stop me from worrying," Cadance told me with a raised eyebrow. "OK, yeah. I was really excited and ready to lead the Lion Guard. I gotta say... it wasn't easy accepting that you would be leading the Lion Guard now. I guess that part of me is still... in there." I said nuzzling her neck a little. She smiled and said, "Well I'm gonna head to bed. Long day tomorrow." "Yeah. Goodnight, Cade." I smiled looking back at her. I watched her until she faded into the darkness of South Rock and walked down the stair-like rocks.

I walked into the Southlands that looked like burning flames because of the flaming sunset and saw Kesi pop her head out of the tall grass. "Hi, Kesi," I said. "Hi, Kia," she smiled, nuzzling along my neck. Then I saw Naju, Asha, and Kabira walk over. I sighed in a relieved and happy kind of way and nuzzled Kabira, wanting to nuzzle all of them. Mom and Diamanto walked over along with Bakari, Luna, and Kai. "We've all come a long way..." I smiled. "We have," Kesi said smiling. The sun started to go down.

~8 days later~

I walked over to Luna who was sitting on a rock just behind the Northlands. She was staring at the Northlands and I smiled, "Hey," she looked at me and replied, "Oh. Hey." "Whatcha doin'?" I asked. Luna sighed and said,  "Mom never took care of the Northlands. And there are still animals there. They need someone." "You," I said after a while. She looked over and asked with a slightly raised eyebrow, "Me?" "You," I said back with another smile. "You'd be perfect," I added. "She's right," Bakari said butting into our conversation. I looked at him with a smile and then looked back at Luna staring deep into her violet eyes. "You were always telling me how Keres never took care of the Northlands and she was a terrible leader. That's because the real leader that should've been there all this time... was you. You can lead the Northlands. I'll even make you leader myself." I smiled. "Since when did you become such a softy?" Luna asked raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and laughed a bit. Luna looked at Bakari who was behind her and he put his paw on her shoulder with a smile and nodded. She had an unsure look on her face at first but then of course...

"It's my honor to present... Luna! The lost leader of the Northlands!" I exclaimed. All the animals of the Southlands and Northlands cheered. I hugged her and she said, "I'll never forget you..." I buried my head into her nech and told her with a soft voice, "And I'll never forget you,"

Thanks for reading! Yep, this story is TOTALLY getting sadder and sadder as it comes to an end. Love you guys and goodnight! Now I'm gonna try to publish this before my phone dies cause it's at 1%