~Chapter 36~ The Test of the Guard

Season 3

I was sleeping in the den of South Rock peacefully when Dad walked in. In the middle of the night, no less. He gently nudged my face with his and I made grunting confused noises as my eyes opened slowly. I was pretty tired. I mean, I JUST woke up. I grunted weakly and tiredly again before I asked, "Mmm... Dad? What-what's going on?" "Hello, princess. I just wanted to let you know that you will be getting up early tomorrow." Dad told me, fully awake. "Huh? What do you mean? Why?" I asked, still half-asleep. "Tomorrow is the Lion Guard Test." Dad said. "The Lion Guard Test? What's that?" Kesi asked walking over with the rest of the Lion Guard. But Kabira was still sleeping with her head resting on a rock. "Ah, hello, Lion Guard. The Lion Guard Test is a test where each member of the five will prove their skills and chosen ability of the team which is bravery, speed, eyesight, strength, and fierceness by facing challenging tests and..." Dad explained and then whispered, "Some life-threatening tests..." "Sounds cool. I'm in." Asha said. "Great choice. Not that you had one." Dad smiled. "Got that, Kabira?" He added, looking at Kabira with a raised eyebrow. Kabira's eyes were still closed but he nodded and slightly said, "Mhm," "Now can we get some sleep?" I asked resting my head the other way and closing my eyes once again. "Goodnight, dear," Dad said licking my back then went over to Mom and laid down next to her.

"She's growing up fast," Dad said as he looked at me. "One day she will lead more than just the Lion Guard." Mom added. "Yes. One day she will be queen as well " Dad said, still watching me.

(Not in the creepy way, XD)

"A great one," Mom said smiling a bit and then laid her head on Dad's neck that was covered by his mane.

~The next morning~

I woke up, yawned, and looked around as I was still on the ground. Kabira ran over and stood up on her hind legs and pushed my back with her two front paws. This time, I actually kinda moved. Since she was older, she was stronger. "Come on, Kia. Dad wants to see us." Kabira said laughing and then ran off further into South Rock.

~In the middle of the Southlands~

"Hello, Kia. Lion Guard. Welcome to the Test of the Lion Guard! Here, you will prove your skills. First up, the fastest." Dad announced. Kesi walked over and stretched her body out long while her claws got unleashed, also stretching out long. "Kesi. You will run this straight obstacle course all the way to the end of the Southlands. Then, you will run back here in effortless time." Dad said.  "You got it, Your Highness," Kesi commented before she ran off super fast.

~1 minute later~

Kesi came back, sat down, and then licked her paw. "One minute! That's probably the best record in the world! Maybe not even a record!" Dad exclaimed happily. "Next up is the strongest," he added.

~1 hour later that night~

Once we were done testing, we all headed back to South Rock for some shut-eye. I laid down with a big sigh. The last few months have been a little tiring. Lately, I've been so exhausted.

~Meanwhile~

Bakari sneaked through the Northlands and then jumped into the Southlands. He sighed heavily then said to himself, "OK. I need to find a place to hide until it's lighter."

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the short chapter. I think with me it's gonna be long chapter-big chapter. Lol.