~Chapter 16~ The Roar of Anger

Season 1

The next morning, I woke up in the Lair along with Asha and Kesi. Naju rushed in and said, "Sorry I'm late. It's kinda hard to get to South Rock on time when I don't really LIVE in South Rock." Naju said. "You should ask my dad if you can join our pride." I said. "Hey, I'm really sorry about your grandmother, Kia." Naju said. "Thank you, Naju," I replied getting up. Alzena flew in and said, "Princess Kia! Chiku, Chandu, and Abedi are attacking again!" I rolled my eyes and said, "Who?" "The gazelles!" Alzena said. I groaned and said, "When will they ever give up!? You know what? It's time to give them something to remember." I ran out of the Lair and said, "'Till the Southlands end..." The Lion Guard paused for a minute and looked at each other in confusion. They were wondering what I meant by "give them something to remember". "Lion Guard defend..." They finally said.

A few moments later...

I stood on a rock and saw Chiku. "Chiku!" I snapped. "Oh, hello, Kia. I heard that your Grandmother died. What a shame. I wish I was there to see that." Chiku said. I perked my ears up then snarled loudly and yelled, "Hyenas! I've told you a million times to stay out of the Southlands!" Clouds raged behind me. "Oh no... Kia's gonna use the Roar!" Asha said. "But... she can't use the roar! The gazelles are in the way, they'll get hurt!" Kesi said. "Wait, Kia-!" Naju started. "Kesi, Naju, come on! We have to get the gazelles to get out of the way!" Asha said. Asha, Naju, and Kesi unleashed their claws and acted like they were gonna scratch the gazelles so that they would run the opposite way I was. "Gazelles, scatter!" Asha yelled waving her paws around. The gazelles ran away just in time before I roared. Kesi, Asha, and Naju clawed into the ground so that they wouldn't get blown away. I roared in raging anger. The three hyenas screamed in fear as they got blown away. When I stopped I saw that I blew away almost everything. Naju and the others ran up to me and said, "What was that?!?" "I'm sorry! I don't know! I just-" I started then Naju said, "You know you shouldn't use the Roar in anger!" I sat down and breathed. Then I lowered my ears and sighed. "I just haven't been in such a good mood since my grandmother died. But I know I shouldn't take my anger out on other animals." I said. The gazelles walked over to me. "Sorry about that gazelles..." I said. The gazelles bowed down to me and ran away. "Well we better get back to South Rock." I said getting up and getting ready to leave. Then I saw Mom, Dad, and Kabira running over to me. "Oh no..." I said. I knew I was in trouble. "Kia! What was that?!" Mom asked. "Didn't I tell you not to use the Roar in anger?!!" Dad scolded. I hesitated then said, "Well I'm sorry! But you would've done the SAME thing if your family member died and someone made fun of it! Oh, wait, a family member of yours DID die!" Then I ran off. Dad hesitated then lowered his ears. Asha commented, "Awkward..."

As I was walking up to South Rock, all the animals of the Southlands looked at me. "You could've killed us!" A zebra said. "Yes, you saved me, but it's your fault I was in trouble in the first place!" A gazelle told me. "You let your anger get the best of you!" An antelope said. I rolled my eyes and walked into South Rock. Nibaal walked over to me. I was hiding in a ball. "Sometimes... we all need to hide." She said. "I can never let my face be seen again!" I said. "They don't hate you. You can't go back and change the past, but you can start where you are a change the ending." Nibaal said. I took a deep breath then said, "You know what? You're right!" I got up and went to go find Adira. Nibaal smiled.

As I was playing with Adira, I smiled when I saw Kabira. She was sitting in the grass. I waked over to her and said, "Hey, little sis. What you doing?" "Oh, hey, Kia! Don't mind me. I was just using my awesome eyesight. Who knew? A cub who was once blind can see EVERYTHING now!" Kabira bloated. I rolled my eyes and said, "OK, big shot. Adira hid something at the end of the Southlands. Try to find it from South Rock and tell me what it is." Kabira gazed at the end of the Southlands. When she looked over at it, I noticed that a flash of purple stroke across her eyes from the top part going down to the bottom. "It's a small rock." Kabira said. Then I noticed it. I smiled as I got an idea. "Kabira, how would you like to be the Lion Guard's keenest of sight?" I asked grinning. "Me...?" Kabira asked shocked. "Her?!?" Adira said shocked, too. I nodded at Kabira. Kabira looked down thinking about it.

Well that's all for now, guys! Do you think Kabira will say yes or no? Love y'all!