~Chapter 58~ The War Pt. 1

Season 4 - Special

~In the Northlands the next morning~

Keres woke up and laughed evily. "The day has finally come!" She exclaimed. Adreana walked past Keres and Keres looked at her then said, "Adreana! Assemble the hyenas. I'll wake up my pride." Adreana just nodded but rolled her eyes as she walked the other way.

~In the Southlands~

I woke up and blinked a few times. I then remembered the war was today. I sighed and walked over to Mom. "Hey, Mom. What'd you and the other lionesses catch today?" I asked. "Nothing. Sorry, Kia. But if we're gonna have ALL the Southlanders fight with us, we can't kill some of them. We won't have as much help if some of the Southlanders are... well, in our stomachs." Mom said. "Good idea, Mom," I said as I walked away. Mom turned to me and said, "Kia, just know that if we don't win, we tried our best." "'Course we'll win," I smiled as I tried walking away again but Mom just stopped me again by putting her tail in front of me. "Kia, you can be serious," she told me. I sighed and my big fake smile turned to a serious frown. "If we don't win we have to leave. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna let that happen." I told her then walked away onto the Southlands grass.

I walked to a clear opening and saw most of the Lion Guard and Malaika. "Hey, what are you guys doing?" I asked standing up. Malaika was sitting down with her tail in front of her front and back paws. "We're just warming up a little before the fight." She answered with a warm smile. I looked at Naju who said, "Yep, I set up a small obstacle course like the one at the training grounds. Pretty awesome, huh?" Asha and Kesi both hit him. "OK, OK. Asha and Kesi helped, too." Naju admitted. I raised an eyebrow with one slight single chuckle and said in a slightly confused tone, "OK?" "Where's Kabira?" I asked. "She's up there looking for trouble. The queen asked her to keep watch for any ambushes." Naju said looking up at Kabira who was standing on a tall mountain. "Malaika here was just about to-" Kesi started then groaned in pain. "Woah," Naju said. "Are you okay?" Asha asked looking down at her. I raised an eyebrow. "I- AH!! The cu-the cubs! I think I'm hav-ing- THEM!!" Kesi managed to say without collapsing. Kesi calmed down then said, "I, uh, I don't think I'm gonna be able to fight, Kia. Sorry." I looked down and mumbled to myself, "Kabira was right..." Luna and Bakari came running over. "Hey, guys, Kabira said- woah. What's with her?" Luna said backing away. "Luna, I need you to go get my mom and Akara. She's behind South Rock. Can you do that?" I said. Bakari looked at Kesi and said, "Uh, actually, how 'bout Luna stays here and I go, hehe..?" Bakari then ran off. "Everything's gonna be fine..." I whispered to Kesi. Kesi nodded in pain and uncomfort.

A few minutes later, Bakari came back with Mom and Akara. "Come on, Kesi, let's get you in the den." Akara said. Who knew such a rough lioness could know anything about kids? I laughed at the thought of that. 2 hours later, it started raining. It was also the afternoon. Which meant it was time for the war.

(I'm literally having a hard time breathing xd. This is so exciting!)

It started raining which was the perfect weather choice to get us in the "warry" mood. Inside South Rock, Kesi was laying down in the flat South Rock den ground. Diamanto was sitting next to her. I walked in with Kabira and smiled. Everyone was silent for a while. "We better get to the war?" Kabira suggested, breaking the silence. Everyone chuckled a little. "Heh. Yeah." Mom sighed walking out of South Rock. "Good luck, Kesi," I said looking at her. "Thanks, Kia. Your kind of nieces and nephews will be here when you get back." Kesi told me with a smile. I smiled at her then looked at Diamanto. I whispered something in his ear and he gulped.

~Outside the den in the Southlands~

I stood on a tall rock and the rest of the pride along with the Lion Guard, Malaika, and Crystal stood below me. But Adira stood next to me on my right on the rock. I smiled at her then she looked at me and said, "No matter what happens, you're my very best friend." I nodded and smiled to her with what felt like tears in my eyed, "And you're mine," Keres and her pride came walking over trying to look all cool. "I wish it didn't have to come to this," I told her. "Yet here we are," she said back standing her ground. "It doesn't have to end like this," I told her once more before getting in fighting position. "Doesn't it?" She snapped in a calm voice. I sighed and announced calmy, "Attack," Just then, the rival lions started attacking each other. I just sighed, wishing this didn't have to happen and wishing that I didn't accept the war.

Thanks for reading! Wow, that was fast. I literally JUST wrote the last chapter lol. I write and publish fast, XD. Love you guys! Who do you think will win?