~Chapter 25~ Christmas Pt. 6

Movie

December 19th,

An hour later after waking up, and after the Lion Guard and I finished the morning patrol, we walked into the lair and I laid down of my resting rock. Hey, Kabira, think you can go check on Crystal again?" I asked. Kabira groaned in tiredness and said, "Kia..! That's the third time you've asked me to do that this morning!" "Is everything okay, Kia?" Naju asked me. "Yes! Everything's fine! I just... ugh. I don't want to make another mistake. My dad is already mat at me for asking a Northlander for help. I don't want to abuse the last 10% bit of his trust by having Crystal attack anyone." I said. "You really think she would do that? Lie to us? Just so she can eat?" Naju asked. "We can't take any chances," I said. Kabira groaned and left the lair. "Thanks,  Kabira!" I called to her. "Whatever!" Kabira said.

4 days later...

It was morning in the Southlands and it was still snowing and pretty cold. It was also Christmas Eve! But Christmas wasn't about getting presents or "Dandy Clause". It was about everyone in the Southlands coming together and giving animals second chances. I was sitting in a circle with the Lion Guard, Tabia, Barika, and Aisha. "This just feels like another same Christmas. It's always so quiet." Aisha said. "Yeah, we should do something to celebrate more this year." Kesi said. "Like giving to animals. Ooh! Tomorrow is Christmas, right? Once everyone goes to sleep for the night, we should all put gifts in there homes so that when they wake up tomorrow morning, they'll wake up to gifts!" I exclaimed. Everyone agreed. "What are you guys doing?" Dad asked. Everyone bowed down to him and Tabia said, "Kia had a great idea for Christmas tomorrow!" I lowered my ears and smiled shyly. "Oh?" Dad said. "Yeah, I was thinking we could do something for Christmas this year. Like on Christmas Eve night we could go around the Southlands and give animals gifts. And maybe we could go beyond the Southlands." I said. "That's actually a good idea," Dad said. "Really?" I said. "Absolutely! I think you should do it." Dad said. "OK... Kesi, maybe you and Naju can go around the Southlands and ask everyone what they would really like to have without telling them what we're doing." I said. Kesi looked at Naju and smiled. "You got it, Kia!" She said running off. Naju laughed and ran off, too. I turned to Asha and said, "Hey, Asha, can you and Kabira go ask Crystal if she can meet us in the Lion Guard Lair?" "Sure. Come on, Kabira." Asha said as she ran off with Kabira. "I'll ask Nibaal and Zuri if they can decorate the Southlands in wreaths and hollies to make it more festive. And, Tabia, maybe you can help them make necklaces and flowers for animals to wear." I said. "You know they'll love anything that includes dressing stuff up." Dad said sitting down. I nodded my head and then said, "And maybe we can get Alberta to sing here." "Like Christmas songs and stuff?" Tabia asked. "Yep," I said. "Great idea, Kia, but Alberta is a really popular singer and known all around the Savanna. How are we supposed to book that kind of talent... here?" Aisha asked. "Well Alberta used to be a really great friend of my dad. Maybe if she knew she was doing it for us, she'd do it." Barika said. Everyone stopped in shock and looked at Barika. "You KNOW Alberta?!?!!?" Tabia freaked. "Well, not me personally. But my mom and dad have told me about her and their adventures with her. Do you think we should do it, Kia?" Barika asked looking at me. "Absolutely," I smiled as I put my paw up. "Great! I'll try to book Alberta while you and the others are doing your preparations. My family knows everyone in the whole Savanna. So I'm sure we'll have no problem getting a singing mandrill. See ya'll later." Aisha said walking off. Barika followed behind her. So it was just me and my dad. "Oh! We'll need a clear but decorative place for Alberta is sing!" I said. "There actually is a place for that. Follow me." Dad said walking away. "Uh... OK?" I said walking by Dad's side as I smiled at him.

~In a secret place~

As Dad and I walked through the mystical and crystally underground place with dandelion fuzz flying by, Dad said, "Now remember, Kia. This is a secret place no one knows about. But you are gonna change that." Dad said. "Me?" I asked. I looked around then raised my eyebrow and said, "But this place is underground, Dad. I was hoping the animals of the Southlands would be able to see Albert from the same height of grass that Alberta is on." "What do you think we should do?" Dad asked. "I think we should dig up this tunnel and make it the same height as all the grass that the Southlanders are standing on." I said. "Great idea, Kia," I smiled at Dad and started to get to work. Hopefully this would be one Christmas no one would EVER forget.

Thanks for readings, guys! Love you!