~Chapter 20~ Christmas Pt. 1

Movie

December 18th,

I woke up slowly as I twitched my ears. Then Kabira giggled as she jumped on me. "Kia! Wake up! You've gotta see this!" Kabira said. "OK, OK, I'm coming." I said tiredly as I walked outside South Rock.

When I looked outside, I gasped. "No... way," I said totally shocked. The savanna was totally white! It was snowing! "I... I don't think I've ever seen snow in the Southlands before..." I said smiling at Kabira. Just then, Kabira threw a snowball at me. I giggled and then pounced on her. "Mornin', boss," Naju said walking out of the den. I smiled at him as I nuzzled him. "Morning," I smiled. Once I did that, I felt a little nervous. I had never done that before... I kind of just... went for him. "Merry almost Christmas, Kia." Asha smiled walking over to Naju. I giggled as I saw Kesi running around with a lion. "Huh?" I wondered as I walked over to her. "Kesi?" I asked. "Oh! Mornin', Kia. This is Amar." Kesi said standing next to the golden colored lion with a reddish orange starter mane and tail tuft with blue eyes, a light pink nose, and a lighter gold underbelly, paws, muzzle, and eye shades. I bowed my head a bit and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you." "You, too, Your Highness," the teenage lion said bowing down. "Well, Kesi, come on. It's time to go on patro-" I started then Kabira came running over and said, "Sis! I spotted a snow leopard near the area. It's sneaking up on the golden zebras." "A leopard? That's a new enemy. Lead Naju and Asha to where it is. Kesi and I are right behind you." I said. "Me? Lead? Umm... I- I don't know... I-" Kabira started then I said reassuring her, "Like I said, I'll be right behind you. Now go!" Kabira nodded as she ran off. "Come on, Kesi," I said looking back at Kesi. "K. I uh, I'll be right behind you!" Kesi said nervously. I raise my eyebrow and tilted my head in confusion. "OK..?" I then ran off. It wasn't like Kesi to blow off an order like that. Something must of been bothering her. Kesi made a huge fake smile as she watched me leave. Then she panted and sighed in relief. "Thanks, Amar. Now I'll be right back." She said running off as fast as a cheetah. "Wait! But... what about your Lion Guard duty?" Amar called to her. But Kesi was too far away. Amar just rolled his eyes and left.

~At the edge of the Southlands~

I was hiding in the tall snow with... most of the Lion Guard. "OK. Naju, you and I will surprise the leopard and throw him into the Northlands together on my count once Asha and Kesi growl and roar to get its attention. Got it, guys?" I explained. "Yep," Asha said. "No problem, Kia," Naju said. "Kesi, you understand?" I asked again. "Kesi?" Asha said. "Where is she?" Naju wondered. I growled and said, "Ugh, she said she would be right behind me." "Well she's not," Naju said. "The question is... where is she?" Kabira pointed out.

Meanwhile...

In the Northlands, Kesi was sneaking around. She was looking behind her as she walked forward so she didn't know that she was about to bump into someone. She bumped into someone and she looked up frightened. Then she sighed in relief. The thing she bumped into was a male teenage lion. No doubt he was a Northlander. He had a grey coat and a black mane tuft and tail tuft. His eyes were blueish purple and his nose was a pale whitish pink. Unlike most Northlanders, the lion's claws weren't unleashed. His name was Diamanto. "There you are," Kesi said with a slight smile. The lion smiled back. Kesi nuzzled him then said, "Sorry about before. I couldn't stay long enough for you to tell me what you wanted to tell me because Kia needed me for "important business"." "Ugh, that spoiled rich girl can be pretty annoying and nosy sometimes." Diamanto said rolling his eyes. Kesi rolled her eyes, too as she said, "Tell me about it. But at least I have you." Then Kesi realized what she said and had a shocked expression on her face. "I'm sorry. I forgot we're not totally a... "thing" yet..." Kesi said. "Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about." Diamanto said. "YES!!!" Kesi exclaimed, thinking she knew what Diamanto was gonna say. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow as a sign of confusion. "Sorry. Go on." Kesi said blowing the bang from her tuft in her face away. "Kesi... ever since we met, I've liked you. You're beautiful, smart, intelligent... and I know I'm just a Northlander... but... I wanted to ask you if... you'll be my girlfriend?" Diamanto asked. "Yes!" Kesi answered happily, then pinned him down and licked his cheek. "I love you," he said. "I love you, too," Kesi said, laying on top of him.

As the Lion Guard and I were fighting, I yelled, "Leopard! Get out of the Southlands!" "The name's Crystal. And I don't want any trouble. I'm just a normal teenager who's hungry." The snow leopard said. I stopped at a sharp stop and Asha said, "How do we know that..?" "You don't. You just have to trust me." Crystal said. I looked at the Lion Guard trying to think if I should call off the attack. "And I know it's hard to trust me because I'm a leopard. And honestly, I've always wished I was a lion. But please... I'm not a threat. And your land is beautiful, Princess Kia." Crystal said bowing down to me. "T-thank you. I suppose we can work something out with you. But for now, I'd like my father to meet you. We'll see what he thinks we should do." I told her. I looked at Kabira who was standing on a rock and said, "Kabira, try to see if you can find Kesi. She hasn't been herself lately..." "Where the heck is she anyways?" Naju wondered looking at Asha. "Oh, she's definitely gonna get told by Kia! She might kick her off the team!" Asha exclaimed. I looked back at Asha and said, "No one's getting kicked off the team. I just wanna know why she didn't show up to the fight." "Well technically it wasn't a fight because we didn't attack Crystal and she didn't attack us." Asha said. I looked at Kabira and asked, "Kabira, what's she doing? Where is she?" "Strange... she's headed back from the Northlands." Kabira said. "Huh?" Asha said. "What?" Naju said with a gasp. "The Northlands? You seein' okay, Kabira? How many claws?" Asha said unleashing her claws. "I know what I saw, Asha!" Kabira snapped. "Just checkin'." Asha said. Kesi came over to us and I ran over to her. "Kesi! Where were you?" I asked with a bit of anger in my voice. "Sorry, princess, I fell in the Northlands." Kesi said in a snarky way as she walked off to South Rock. "Princess"? Anyway, you used that excuse last time I caught you coming from the Northlands." I said. "Whatever," Kesi said as she continued to South Rock. I growled lowly and walked to South Rock with the Lion Guard and Crystal.

Wow, guys, Kesi sure has worked up an attitude. What do you think is gonna happen next? Find out in the next chapter! Goodnight, loveys!

This is Crystal (just imagine her as a teenager)