~Chapter 30~ It's JUST temporary

Season 2

~At South Rock~

The lionesses from the pride sat Adira down carefully on a flat rock inside South Rock. She groaned little from pain and then breathed heavily. I lowered my ears and looked at a lioness from my pride named Asa and asked, "Is there a... um... anything that can heal her ribcage? Like a... rare fruit or... I don't know, a plant? Magical water?" "There isn't anything here that I know can help her. But-" Asa started and then Dad interrupted, "Can't she just lay down for a few days and then heal overtime?" "As I was saying, "Your Majesty"! There is ONE place that can help Adira so that she won't have to go through tremendous pain for several days and nights. But it's pretty far away though." Aza said with a raised eyebrow. "What? Where is it?" I asked walking over to her eagerly. "Well no one knows the exact location. But there's a legendary tree called the Tree of Life." Asa answered. "Oh, yeah, the Tree of Life! What's the Tree of Life?" Kesi asked. Kabira just rolled her eyes. Asa scoffed and finally explained, "The Tree of Life is a legendary tree located in the unknown. The Tree of Life is the place that will heal Adira. It's actually a place to heal and take in all the wounded, injured, and endangered animals." "Wounded and injured are the same thing..." Asha whispered to Kesi. "I heard that, cub," Asa pointed out. "Well then we have to go there." I said standing up boldly. "What?! Kia, can I talk to you?" Naju asked. I walked over to the corner of South Rock with Naju and asked, "What's the problem?" "The problem IS, how are we supposed to get Adira to the Tree of Life which is SUPER far away when we have a sworn duty to protect the Southlands?" Naju asked. "Well I'm sure I can get someone to fill in for us for the time being. Besides, it's just a short trip. It's not like we're leaving war." I told him. "But I still don't think-" Naju started then Dad said, "I think the Lion Guard should assemble a team of lions to fill in for you guys while you're on a trip." I smirked at Naju who just gave me a dirty look, rolled his eyes, then looked down at the ground. I smiled big at Dad then nuzzled him and said, "The Lion Guard and I will assemble a team as soon as possible. Which will probably be tomorrow. Because I hear cackling." "Ugh, yep. Me, too." Kesi said sounding annoyed. "Hyenas," Kabira only said. "Lion Guard..." I started then ran to the edge of the Southlands. "'Till the Southlands end..." "Lion Guard defend!" The rest of them finished.

~The next morning~

It was 10:30 in the morning and Asha and I were sitting in the grass in front of South Rock. We were choosing who would be the Lion Guard temporarily. "To be in the Lion Guard you have to have high agility, incredible stamina, amazing intelligence, AND a true heart. But you'll need to know when to back down." I told them as I paced in control. "Yeah, not all of you guys are gonna pass this test." Asha said. "Now, first up, the fastest's challenge."

~A moment later~

"The reason we're in the middle of the Southlands is because it's the clearest and flattest plain in the Southlands. And this is where you're gonna run a mile back to South Rock, save a baby fox that's about to get eaten by Naju who's pretending to be a hyena, and then run back here." I said. "The two of the lions who chose to be the fastest will run that agility and timed running course. The one who makes it back first wins. Simple as that. Now Kesi will give you guys a little bit of advice before your run." I told them. Kesi hunched down and told them, "Being the fastest isn't all about speed. Well... actually... yeah, it's all about speed. But also stamina. If you had to save an animal who was super far away, you'd have to get to them no matter what. So just do your best and we'll see who will become the fastest. Heh... for a few days.

~Hours later~

So once I picked five lions for the Southlands to be protected by, I was all set to go to the Tree of Life and help Adira. "You up for an adventure, A?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Well I'm ready to get better." Adira said trying to stand up. I smiled at her as I stood next to the wall of South Rock then Kabira thought, "Hey, sis, could we maybe come with you?" "Oh, uh... well you're gonna have to. I wouldn't have picked five lions to fill in for all of us if you didn't come with us." I told her. "Sweet! When are we leaving?" Kabira asked. "Right now," I chuckled.

So once we said goodbye to all the Southlanders, we left to the Tree Of life with Adira.

Thanks for reading, guys! Now, it took a LONG time for Kion and the others to get to the Tree of Life so I'm gonna skip like, two weeks. Lol. And you're all probably wondering how Adira is gonna get to the Tree of Life with her ribcage pretty much broken. Well the answer is... I honestly don't know. XD😂

~𝒯𝒽ℯ ℒ𝒾ℴ𝓃 𝒦𝒾𝓃ℊ: ℳ𝓎 𝒮𝓉ℴ𝓇𝓎~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara