~Chapter 52~ Be ready

Season 3

Keres was in the Northlands no doubt planning her "war". "OK, you three come with me," Keres told three hyenas.

As she walked into the Northlands, Malaika noticed Keres and the three hyenas and hid. But Keres already saw her and pounced on her. "Let. Her. Go, Keres." My voice said. Keres growled looking over at me. "Ah, princess, just the royal lion I was looking for. Well actually I looking for the queen. But I guess you'll have to do. I've come to deliver a message. I agree with everyone who exists. Our feud needs to end. So I challenge the Southlanders to a war. If you guys win, I'll never attack the Southlands ever again. Ever. And I'll leave the Northlands along with the savanna for good. But if I win... you flea bagged-goody two shoes have to leave the Southlands and give up the crowns. And I get to take over the Southlands. And you all are to leave never to return. Got it?" Keres offered. "Why have a war when we can just banish you from the Southlands anyway?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and a confident but dirty look on my face. "Because it won't matter. I'll just keep coming. Keep attacking every minute of the day until I get what I want. So wouldn't it be nice to not have to chase me and my pride out of the Southlands every minute of everyday? If you accept, it starts in the afternoon in February." Keres said with hilarious eager yet convincing words to think about. I looked down and said, "I don't know..." Keres sure sounded determined. This could be one of Keres's tricks. She could've just been trying to distract me with her "war talk" so that a hyena that was by her side could attack. It was only me and Malaika and we were surrounded by Keres and her three hyenas. She did want to get rid of the royal family after all. And she succeeded in killing the king. Who's to say she's not after the princess now? Despite me not trusting or believing her, for some reason words just spit right out of my mouth and I told her, "I'll think about it..." I walked away as I whispered to Malaika to stay close. "That's all I ask," Keres smirked as she left the Southlands.

~At South Rock~

It was raining at in the Southlands when I got back to South Rock with Malaika. Once I told the Southlanders and Mom about Keres's words, the Southlanders agreed to fight for the Southlands. "We'll do it, Kia. For the Southlands." Mom smiled at me. "What?! But what if we don't win!?" Naju freaked. "But if we don't win then the Southlands will die and the circle of life will go out of balance." Asha debated. I broke the murmuring and yelled, "Guys! We're fighting and that is that." The Lion Guard and the rest of the lions in South Rock looked down. I sighed but scoffed at the same time in a "good, I'm glad you get it" type of way. "Now everyone, get some sleep. The war is in one month." I told them.

Thanks for reading! Another short chapter, lol. Talk to y'all later. Love y'all!