~Chapter 22~ Christmas Pt. 3

Movie

At the end of the Southlands, Asha asked, "Um, Kia? Why are we heading into the Northlands?" "Yeah, the Snow Empire isn't anywhere NEAR here." Crystal told me. "I need to ask a... friend for help." I said. "Friend? What friend? Is it Adira?" Asha asked again. I stopped in my tracks and then lowered my ears sadly. Naju nudged Asha roughly. "Oh... I forgot... you two don't really... talk anymore." Asha said. "It's not that we don't talk anymore it's just... we don't hang out as much as we used to." I told her. "So are you two still friends?" Naju wondered. I hesitated for a while then said, "Yes! Of course we're friends!" "You hesitated," Kesi said. I lowly growled then said, "You know what-?!? Let's just go!" The Lion Guard and I walked into the Northlands as I looked around. "So, Kia? What are you looking for?" Asha asked. "My friend," I said trying not to say the name. "Who's your friend?" Asha asked. I rolled my eyes and said, "Bakari," The Lion Guard stopped and gasped. "Bakari?! The SON of Keres!?" Naju freaked. "Pfft! Seriously, how is BAKARI your friend? You're practically enemies!" Asha said. I rolled my eyes and groaned then said, "Just stay out here," I ran into the Northlands and looked around.

~In the Northlands~

I was trying t find Bakari when I saw Luna pacing around. I raised my eyebrow, wondering what she was doing. She had gotten a lot bigger. She was a teenager just like me. I just ignored her and kept on walking. Then I bumped into something. I looked up and saw a brown teenage lion. "Bakari...?" I said. "Do I know you...? Wait- Kia?!" Bakari said. "Yeah- it's- it's me! Haha! I haven't seen you in forever!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, not since you roared me and my family out of the Southlands!" Bakari said. I had a shocked look on my face. I looked down and lowered my ears and said, "Yeah... uh, look, Bakari, I need your help with something." "Oh?" Bakari said. "Yeah, I need a small favor." I said. "How small?" Bakari asked. "Well, it includes going to the Snow Empire." I told him. "So NOT a small favor," he said. "Look, I'll pay you back just... do this... please." I said. "OK. But you're gonna owe me BIG." Bakari said. It was kind of weird. He didn't seem like he did when he was younger. Now he's just doing things for a price. "OK... well come on," I said unsure as I led him out of the Northlands.

Once we made it out, the Lion Guard was growling at Bakari. "Guys, put a muzzle on it. He's willing to help us get Crystal to the Snowy Empire." I told them. "It's "Snow" Empire," Crystal said. "Whatever. So come on." I said. "Why do I need to go exactly?" Bakari asked. "Because you're a Northlander lion so your coat has two layers." I said. "And...?" Bakari said raising his eyebrow. "So if it gets too cold, you can take Crystal the rest of the way to the Snow Empire because you won't freeze." I finished. "Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure your dad just asked you and the lion Guard to take the leopard back home." Bakari said. Just as I was about to say something else, Bakari cut me off and said, "And do you think the king would like it if he knew that you asked a NORTHLANDER for help?" "He'd LIKE IT that he knows that I got "the leopard" back to her home like he asked. Crystal, how 'bout you lead the way? I don't know where the Snow Empire is." "Oh, OK... uh, sure," Crystal said as she walked in front by my side. Bakari just rolled his eyes. Then we left the Southlands. 

As we were walking, I walked backwards and stopped when I was close to Bakari. "So, um... how's your family?" I asked him. "My sister's good. She's been distant from my Mom lately." Bakari said. "Well it's probably a good thing. I mean, Keres is a monster!" I said. Then I perked my ears up as I realized how what I said sounded. I turned to Bakari and said, "I am so sorry, I wasn't thinking-!" "It's fine, I get it. My mom is pretty much hated by everyone. Why should you be any different?" Bakari said. "Right... so how's everyone else?" I asked. "My pride is just bored and tired of following Mom's orders. And my mom is too busy thinking about war to take care of the Northlands!" Bakari said. "I'm really sorry, Bakari. Your life must not be all that you... wish." I said. "It's not! And that's all because my mom hates the Southlanders and the land itself. And she's also got a new boyfriend." Bakari said. "Wait, you don't have a father?" I asked surprised. "No. Never have, never will." Bakari said. "You know, you'll have a dad whether you like it or not if Keres marries the lion you said was her boyfriend." I said with a raised eyebrow. "Pfft, I'm not ever calling that scumbag "dad"! He treats me and my sister like garbage. He's just as bad as my mom but at least she loves us!" Bakari said. Then he added, "You're pretty lucky to have loving and fun parents who love each other. And are smart enough to take care of their own land." "Guess you've never really had that, huh?" I said. Bakari looked down and said, "No," I couldn't help but feel bad for him. He never had amazing parents like I do. I guess I really am a lucky lion.

~A few hours later~

Naju looked back at me and said, "Hey, Kia, we're here," I looked up in total fright along with everyone else as we looked at the torn apart and icy empire. "Looks... like we're here," I said as I gulped.

Thanks for reading, guys! Brrr, just writing this gave me shivers! Love y'all!