~Chapter 42~ How did you know about that?!

Season 3

~Inside South Rock~

"So I need a story," I said. "OK, so the short version is, I met the Northland lion one day when the hyenas were attacking the African rabbits. You four were too busy man-handling the hyenas so you didn't see one rabbit run into the Northlands. Once I saved it, I bumped into that lion. His name is Diamanto and he was super nice when I met him. It was hard to believe he was a Northlander. After that, I started seeing him and we started to... develop feelings for each other. But you should know how that feels more than anyone." Kesi explained looking at me. "What's this got to do with me?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "You're going through the same time thing I was going through a year ago. You're in love with Bakari." Kesi said. She didn't even sound like she was kidding. She just sounded and looked sad and serious. "What? Nothing's going on with me and Bakari." I refused defensively. "Sure. You can hide it. But not forever. I mean, look at where I am." Kesi said. I sighed and said, "OK. Yes, I am-" I started then Kesi flinched and lowered her ears quickly. "Kesi?" I said confused. "Kia? There's something you don't know." Kesi said, breathing heavily. "OK... well what is it..?" I asked moving around uncomfortably. I wasn't sure if I was ready for any more information today. And I still had to meet up with Luna later today. Kesi looked down and had an ashamed look on her face and then she looked around to see if anyone else was here. No one else would be here besides the Lion Guard because the Dad and Mom left to the Crystal Shores for some "special meeting of all the royals". But I was a royal, too so I was confused on why they didn't bring me, too. But I wasn't too worried about it. If it was super important they would've brought me. Kesi then told me,"I'm pregnant,"

~In the Northlands~

Bakari walked through the Northlands excitedly then knocked into Luna. "Sis!" Bakari exclaimed happily. Luna looked surprised when she saw him and said fastly like she had to be somewhere, "Bakari! I thought you didn't like it here." Well technically, she did have to be somewhere. "Yeah, well, Kia thought-" Bakari started then Luna interrupted as she budged through him, "That's nice. Bakari, sorry, I gotta go." Bakari looked back at Luna who was walking away to the boarder between the Southlands and the Northlands and said, "O...K?" Just then, out of no happiness for anyone, Keres came out from the shadows and said, "Bakari! Where have you been?!" Bakari recognized the voice and glared as he looked over at his mom. "What do you want, Mom?" He asked, sounding like he was so out of it. "Hey, what's with the cold shoulder?" Keres smirked. "I don't care what you say or what you do anymore. I've moved on." Bakari said standing tall as he puffed out his chest, standing up for himself. "I see... well how about this? You kill the royal family TONIGHT or your love interest knows about you're little secret. Well to her father, it will be a BIG secret. But everything is a big deal to Kazija these days. So do we have a deal?" Keres said with an evil smile as she raised an eyebrow. "I don't know what you're talking about." Bakari said turning the other way. "Sure you do. Remember six months ago when you started that fire?" Keres smirked, circling around Bakari. As Bakari was in Keres's "circle" he asked sounding a little panicked but with a calm breaking voice, "How'd you know about that?" Keres chuckled as she still circled around Bakari and said, "Bakari, Bakari, Bakari. It doesn't matter how I know. All that matters is that your secret is on the line." "So is the royal family's life," Bakari said trying to sound and look like he wasn't panicked. But it didn't do much help. Keres could see right through her son. "I can feel you're fear flickering inside. So I ask again..." Keres started then asked again once she stopped circling around him, "Do we have a deal?" "It wouldn't matter if Kia knew my secret anyway. She'd be dead because I killed her." Bakari said. He had a point. "Mmm, that's true. I might be willing to let you spare her life." Keres said. "And the rest of the royals of the Southlands?" Bakari asked. "Oh, they'll be dead," Keres said, sounding like she didn't even care. Bakari looked down hanging his head. "You have 3 days to kill them. And kill the king first." Keres told him. "Why don't you do it yourself?!" Bakari roared as he almost bit her. "Because my presence isn't very wanted in the Southlands right now. So?" Keres answered. ".....Yeah. it's a deal." Bakari said with a sigh as he nodded his head. "Great. See you at the royal family's funeral in three days." Keres chuckled evily as she walked away. Bakari looked down in the Northlands and thought.

Thanks for reading!