~Chapter 11~ An Unexpected Sight

Season 1

The next day after the elephant meeting, I woke up and yawned. I woke up to Adira's face. "AH!" I screamed and got up quickly. "How could you ask KESI to be on this "Lion Guard" but not me?!?!?!??!?" Adira yelled. "But, Adira... you're not the fastest, or strongest, or bravest, and you're not the keenest of sight." I told her. Adira's ears went down. "Sorry, Adira. I didn't mean it how it sounded. If there was a spot on the team that was "greatest friend", I definitely would've picked you." I smiled. Adira rolled her eyes and left. I walked up to the edge of South Rock and looked at my dad. "I was thinking, maybe Alzena could fill in as the keenest of sight for the Lion Guard until I find one. Or at least be the eyes in the sky. Even though she kind of already is." I said. "Of course. I'll ask her. And here she comes." Dad said looking into the distance seeing Alzena flying over to us. "Princess Kia," Alzena greeted me bowing down. I closed my eyes bowing my head a bit as greeting sign towards Alzena. "Your Majesty, the hyenas are attacking the gazelles." Alzena told Dad. "Oh no!" I said. I looked at Dad and said, "Dad... I'm ready. I'm the leader of the Lion Guard now. Like you said, my job is to protect my home." "But hyenas are a big start." Dad said with a worried tone. "Wha-?! What could be stronger than a hyena? A mosquito?" I argued sarcastically. Dad sighed and rolled his eyes. I nudged his front leg and said, "'Till the Southlands end?" Dad looked down and said, "Lion Guard defend..." I smiled and licked his cheek. I ran down to the grass and yelled, "Kesi! Asha! Let's go, there's trouble with the gazelles!" "Yeah! Our first rescue!" Asha said enthusiastically then started to me. I was actually... leading lions. It felt kind of good to lead. It kind of felt like being queen. Only of a smaller pride. "Now? But... I'm getting my bath." Kesi complained. "Kesi! You don't have your mark yet!" I said. Kesi sighed in an annoyed way and followed me. There was no turning back on becoming leader of theLion Guard now.

In the middle of the Southlands, I yelled, "Naju! Come on! We've got gazelles to rescue!" Naju popped his head out of the tall grass and followed me. "OK, here's the catchphrase. 'Till the Southlands end... Lion Guard Defend!" I said.

Once we made it to our destination, I saw Chiku, Chandu, and Abedi running with the gazelles and nipping at them. "OK, here's the plan. Kesi, you're gonna distract the hyenas with your speed skills and Naju and I are gonna pounce on Abedi and Chiku. Asha, you take Chandu." "Got it!" Asha said. "OK. It beats having to attack with my weak strength." Kesi smiled. She didn't seem like she was ashamed of that at all. I just shook my head playfully. "'Till the Southlands end..." I started. "Lion Guard defend!" The rest yelled. Kesi zoomed by and stopped at a sharp stop. She snarled and said, "Yo, sup! The names Kesi. Catch me if you can!" Kesi ran around the three hyenas causing a dust ring and making it impossible to see. Then Naju ambushed an attack on Abedi and I got Chiku. I pinned her to the ground and said, "Chiku! Fancy seeing you here." Chiku used her hind legs and pushed me off of her. We were face-to-face growling at each other.

"Get. Out!" Asha said kicking Chandu with her hind legs. Kesi growled at Abedi. Chiku growled and said while being out of breath, "OK... you win this time...lion cubs." Chiku and her hyenas ran off. Me and the Lion Guard had a serious look on our face as we watched the hyenas run away until we couldn't hold it anymore. We all cheered high-fiving each other. "Yeah! Way to go!" I said. On the edge of South Rock, Dad was watching. "Looks like she's ready. It is time. Time... for the Lion Guard." Sage said smiling. Dad nodded. "I am glad that I lived long enough to see this day." Grandmother Athena said. Dad smiled at my grandmother.

~At South Rock~

Mom was playing with Kabira. Kabira gnawed on Mom's leg and Mom chuckled. Kabira walked over to the outside of the den and Mom scooted her back. Kabira was looking down then she looked up and had a shocked and surprised look on her face. Mom tilted her head just a little bit and raised her eyebrow confused. Kabira looked amazed. She was looking at Mom. "You're beautiful, Mommy," she suddenly said. Mom's ears perked up super high and she looked a bit scared. She was speechless. "How-how do you know that?" Mom managed to say. "I can see you. Your eyes are beautifully blue. And I also know you're beautiful because you never gave up on me." Kabira said. "You're- you're not blind anymore..." Mom said happily. Tears filled Mom's eyes. Mom nuzzled Kabira.

~In the Southlands~

I was resting with the Lion Guard when Alzena came flying by in a rush. "Princess Kia, come quick!" Alzena shouted. "What?! What's wrong?!?" I asked standing up quickly. "It's Kabira!" Alzena said. My eyes widened as big as they could and my pupil got very small. What could of happened to Kabira? "Lion Guard... WITH ME!" I shouted running to South Rock.

~South Rock~

I came running into the den of South Rock and yelled, "Kabira! Are you okay?!" The Lion Guard stood on the sides of me in fighting position. Mom looked at me with a smile on her face. "Mom? What's going on?" I asked calming down walking over to Mom. "Kabira said I was beautiful," Mom answered stuttering. "But how did she see you?" I asked. "I don't know. It was a miracle, I guess. She's not blind anymore!" Mom said very happily. "Is that even possible?" I wondered. "Apparently," Asha said raising her eyebrow. "That's it?!? We gave up our beauty rest for that?! A cub isn't even something worth panicking ove-" Naju started then Kesi whacked his head. "Hey!" Naju growled. Kesi glared at him. I nuzzled Kabira. "Say hi to your big sister, Kabira." Mom said. Dad smiled. Kabira walked over to me. I smiled at her and then smiled at the Lion Guard. Asha and Kesi smiled back. But Naju was too busy rolling his eyes. "Well, Mom, Dad, I've got to go. As you can see, the Lion Guard needs their rest." I said. "Pfft, well it's too late now. I'm already fully awake. I'm gonna go get a drink at the lake." Naju said walking off. I shook my head with an annoyed look on my face. "Hey! I didn't say you were on break!" I said laughing. Kesi laughed and said, "Well I better go see my Mom. She's not exactly done bathing me. Oh! If... that's okay, Your Highness." Kesi bowed down. I rolled my eyes playfully and said. "Yeah, whatever, you can go." I said. As Kesi walked off, I nodded to Asha and said, "You can go, too." "Thanks! By, Your Majesties!" Asha said running off. I looked at Kabira and smiled at her.

Asha's voice: Allegra Clark (she voiced Mia in Lego Friends: Girls on a mission) (lol I actually don't watch the show but my little sister watches it and I was trying to come up with a better voice for Asha and I heard Mia's voice and I'm like "perfect!")

Kesi: Sofia Carson (teenage Sofia Carson in Descendants)

Naju's voice: JD McCrary (baby Simba's voice in the Lion King live action remake)