~Chapter 78~ The Scavenger Hunt

Season 5

A/N: This is a MUST read if you wanna know what's going on in the next chapter.

So something totally crazy is happening in a few months. I walked up to Bakari and he said, "So when are they getting here?" "They should be here any minute now," I told him looking around. Just then, Mom, Kabira, Asha, Naju, Kesi, and Adira walked in. "Heyyyy," Bakari and I told them all in unsion. "Hi?" Asha said walking away. Mom walked over to me and I whispered, "Thanks for keeping them away while we set everything up," "No problem. So is everything ready?" She asked. "Mhmm," Bakari and I said at the same time nodding. "I can't wait!" Mom smiled. "Us either. Now time to get them all filled in on what's going on." I said walking over to everyone. "Hey, guys! I was thinking about how much you guys have helped me through the years and decided to give you a fun treat." I told them. "Just now? After years you're finally giving us a treat?" Asha asked raising an eyebrow. "Yep. Now pay attention. Y'all are gonna go on a scavenger hunt for a very big surprise at the end. And you have to guess what the surprise is. Notice how each test have something in common. Now go on and good luck." I said then they all looked at me but I was already gone with Bakari. "Why doesn't she just tell us the surprise?" Asha wondered looking at Kesi. "Cause then it wouldn't be a surprise," Kabira said walking past Asha and Kesi.

As they were walking through the Southlands, Kesi groaned as she hung her head and complained, "Kia better not keep us walking around all day. I'm starving! I need buffalo meat, in my stomach, RIGHT. NOW." As she said that, she hit a rock that had a note on it. "Huh? What's this?" Asha said grabbing the note. She read it.

"You've got a scroll, you're on a roll. Why don't you take a peek where young ones spend their week? A piece of paper will continue this caper."

Everyone looked perplexed. Naju looked up and thought, "I've got it! "Where the young ones spend their week"."

~By South Rock~

"The practice hunting grounds!" Naju exclaimed. They all looked at the cubs that were training with the new trainer, Sarabi.

A/N: No, it's not THAT Sarabi lol.

"And remember, Kia said each clue have something in common." Kai said. "A piece of paper will continue this caper"... hmm..." Adira thought. Just then, Alzena flew by and said, "Get you're Southlands news!" Luna then blurted out, "Look! Alzena has something in her beak! Hey, Alzena, c'mere!" Alzena flew over trying to hide her smirk. She dropped a piece of paper and Asha caught it. Kai put his head over to Asha's and read it.

"Though this wall is rather small, on it you'll find files of all kinds. Take a look on the back of the birth painting of Ash."

Everyone looked at Asha and she lowered her ears a little. "I don't like where this is goin'..." She said sounding unsure.

They all went to South Rock and looked on the walls. As they looked at the paintings, Adira's voice said, "Anyone know where the newborn animals in the Southlands paintings are?" "Over there," Kabira only said pointing to a wall on the left. They walked over to it and saw a painting of Asha as a cub. "Wow, Asha. You were way cuter than you are right now. You were probably nicer, too because you couldn't talk! But when you started talking, it was a nightmare for everyone!" Naju started laughing hard on his back. Asha unleashed her claws and rolled her eyes. Kabira stared at them annoyed and then looked at the note on the other side of the wall of the newborn Asha. Kabira read it out loud.

"This next place is where, you can buy a table or chair. Or some comfy dens, to rest little heads."

"Now that doesn't make any sense," Asha said raising an eyebrow. "Yeah..." Kai said. "Wait! "To rest little heads". And then "buy". It's that salesman guy. Come on!" Kesi said running away.

They all went to the Tagúni Waterhole, just east of them. A meerkat who was the "salesman" Kesi was talking about was looking around as if he was waiting for them. When they arrived, he ran over and said, "Go on! Find the next clue!" "Wait. You know about this?" Kesi asked. "Mhm, now go on before I tell you what the surprise is!" He smiled. They walked off quickly and looked for the next clue. "A royal-!" The meerkat exclaimed about to say the surprise out loud but he caught himself. Naju looked back at him confused. "Guys, look!" Adira pointed out looking at a crib-looking thing. There was another note on it. Luna read it this time.

"It seems we've saved the best for last, we hope that you have had a blast. No it's time to take a break, where you can get a bite of meat, don't be late!"

"LAZY LIONS!!!" Everyone exclaimed. Luna rolled her eyes playfully and said, "Pfft, that one was easy,"

They all went to a huge place with a cool waterfall behind it and there were party decorations up, flowers, and everything! They all looked confused still until they saw Bakari and I standing next to each other with calm smiles. "So? Did you like the scavenger hunt?" I asked. "It was... interesting. Really fun. Confusing, but fun." Asha smiled. "Now for the surprise. All the places we sent you and the clues had something in common." I smirked closing my eyes as I walked past Asha and over to the others. "First we went to the cub practice hunting grounds..." Adira started. Everything was silent and then Naju said, "And then we found Asha's birth painting..." "Then the last clue was on a crib..." Luna said looking down thinking. Everyone thought. "Cub, birth, and crib..." Luna finished and then everyone's eyes widened and they all said at the same time, "NO... NOW WAY... ARE YOU TWO...?!!??!?" Bakari and I smiled at each other and we exclaimed at the same time, "WE'RE HAVING CUBS!" Everyone was silent and then they cheered so loud. Then the rest of the Southlanders came over. They all cheered happily. "You mean... I'm gonna be... an AUNT!?!?" Kabira exclaimed happily.

~During the celebration party~

"I wanna thank you three for keeping our surprise a secret," I said smiling at Mom, the meerkat, and Adira. Asha spit out her water and said, "Wait! Adira, you knew?!" "Of course. I'm Kia's best friend." Adira smirked closing her eyes proudly. I chuckled and Mom walked over to me and said, "Congratulations, Kia," she looked at Bakari and said, "You're gonna be a great dad," Bakari smiled at her and then nodded. Well it was kind if shocking for him and I, too. In just a few months, I was gonna be a mom.

Thanks for reading. So yeah, this had a lot to do with that MLP episode when Twilight found out Cadance was gonna have a baby. Some of the clues didn't really make sense but whatever lol. Anyway, I love you guys and can't wait to publish the next chapter. Bye, lovies!