Leico- Smithereens

Leo's P.O.V

I walk into the bar where I'm meant to be meeting the rest of the seven and Nico. Nico has been travelling a lot lately so it would be nice to finally see him after so long, since the last time we spoke... he said he couldn't stay here knowing I was here with her. I sigh and see them all sat down at a booth, talking, laughing and overall having fun. I sigh and put on a smile and head over. I see Nico and my heart starts racing. He has a soft tan, his hair longer and pulled into a ponytail, his eyes shine now instead of the darkness that they used to hold captive. He smiles and waves at me. I wave back and almost run over. I slide next to him and chuckle. 

"It's been a while" Nico says and he smiles up at me. He's still not grown any taller. I nod at him. "Yeah... what's new with you then?" I ask, avoiding anything I can...I just want to listen, not talk. We talk about his trips and adventures and how life at camp has been since he has been gone. He steps up to get drinks and I walk over with him. "About us... I am" I say and Nico stops me. "Listen, I understand you want to be friends... I just... didn't want it to end like me and Percy did, me becoming reckless and almost killing myself again" He says and I look at him and sigh. "Neeks... I want to..." I say but I stop as a guy suddenly wraps his arms around Nico. Nico tries to move but the guy won't let go. "Sweetie..." he purrs into Nico's ear and Nico growls. I glare at the guy. I try to calm down and let Nico handle himself. Nico could take down this guy no problem. The guy begins to flirt and Nico ignores him, and instead looks at me and smiles and begins to talk to me, waiting for our drinks. The guy suddenly grabs Nico by his wrist and pulls him towards him. Suddenly I lose it. I grab Nico and step in front of the guy. He towers over me. 

"Get off him asshat" I say. My body shaking and getting hotter, all my willpower holding the fire at bay. The guy looks down at me and chuckles. "What will you do you scrawny twat?" he says and suddenly he grabs me around the neck and I growl as he punches me. I punch him back and suddenly my face is being smashed against the bar counter. I hear screams of others and I see Nico's face. I turn around and punch him in the face again. He throws me against a wall and begins kicking me. Nico grabbing his arm along with Percy and Jason to try to get him off me. He turns and glares. He takes a step towards Nico and I growl and get up. He turns back to face me and begins beating me all over again. I hear sirens and I sigh as someone finally gets him to stop. I see Nico bend down in front of me as my vision goes blurry and darker.

I wake up to the scent of death. I sit up to see hospital lights and feel arms helping me. I look to see Nico. Those dark circles under his eyes are beginning to appear, his face a mixture of anger and shock. "What the absolute fuck were you thinking Leo?" Nico asks as I sit up. I shrug and look at him. "I don't know...I just knew I had do it" I say and he sighs and shakes his head. I hold his hand and sigh. "Had to get beaten up and break multiple sets of bones and have internal bleeding for no reason?" Nico asks and I give him a look. He sighs. "I thought you avoided fights and was calm, not all fiery and angry like that..." Nico says and he sighs and he looks at the ground. "Honestly, I hate fights, but for you I would get beat to smithereens" I say and he looks up at me and smiles a little. "You idiot..." he says and squeezes my hand. I smile and squeeze his hand back. "Just...promise me no more actual fights...unless it's life or death, I don't need you breaking some of your bones over something small" Nico says and I nod. "Promise..." I say and he sighs at me. Probably contemplating how he could like an idiot like me. "How about I also promise a date, without any fights to make it up to you?" I ask and Nico chuckles and nods. "You better keep that promise, I'll look forward to it" he says as I hear the door open. I see a doctor and she looks at me in pity and in shock, and maybe a hint of judgement. "I need to speak to the patient" she says as Nico nods and he looks at me. I smile. "Okay, I promise I won't be trouble...or get beat up again, happy?" I say to Nico and he nods and kisses my forehead as he goes to leave. I smile and close my eyes, ignoring everything but him.