Leico-sleep

Leo sits alone in the engine room on the Argo 2, hiding away...crying. Nico could here this even though he didn't understand why something was making him feel angry and upset at the older male. Ever since Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus, ever since Nico was saved from that God forsaken jar, he had heard the cries of the one and only Leo Valdez, tonight it was especially bad. The rest of the ship was either asleep or were on a quest. Nico padded out of Percy's room. He hated that room, it reminded him of the certain son of Poseidon and his feelings towards him...that Nico tried to get rid of. Nico opened the door to the engine room and snuck in. Nico's heart began to break as he watched the son of Hephaestus cry, a photo falling in front of Nico. He picked it up and looked at the 5 year old Leo Valdez with a woman, she was beautiful, her dark brown hair and her eyes were given to Leo...Nico felt tears welling in his chest as he realised this was Leo's mother. Esperanza Valdez...Nico sighed and looked back at the son of Hephaestus with a pain in his heart. Nico hadn't felt like this since...since Bianca.
Nico knelt in front of Leo and tapped Leo's shoulder. Leo looked up with tear stained eyes. He quickly wiped his eyes and tried to put on a smile."H-hey Nico" Leo says. Nico looked dead into his eyes. "Leo? Why were you crying?" Nico asks. Leo sighs and sees the photo in Nico's hand. "My mother" Leo says, tears threatened to spill. Nico passed the photo back. "Wanna talk about it?" Nico asks. Nico felt shocked, since when did he care how Leo felt, scrap that, when did Nico ever care about Leo? Leo looks down. "S-she died today...a-and" Leo says, wiping his eyes frantically. Nico reached out and wiped away some of Leo's tears. 'What the bloody hell am I doing? Stop it Nico! He is straight and will end up just as Percy did' Nico thought. "And what? I'm here Leo...it's ok" Nico says. "And it's the first year that I didn't get to visit her grave...I thought we could make it home in time...but obviously not" Leo says. Nico smiles. He grabs Leo's hand. He pulls Leo towards the edge of the room."Shut your eyes" Nico says. Leo looked at Nico confused but closed his eyes. When Leo opened them...they were at the cemetery. Leo looked at Nico who smiles slightly. "I guess you didn't miss out this year" Nico says. Leo smiles like crazy and hugs Nico. Nico hesitantly hugged back...he had forgotten how to hug someone, Leo radiated of heat and made Nico warm. They walk further into the cemetery and found Leo's mothers grave. Leo knelt beside it

TIMESKIP🕐🕖🕢🕑🕡🕟🕣🕐🕖

Leo stood up and Nico grabbed his hand. 'What are you doing!" His head screamed. "C'mon we gotta get back before the others send out a search party" Nico says and drags Leo towards the gates. They shadow travelled back to Leo's room. Leo smiled. "Thanks Nico...for tonight" Leo says. Nico smiles. "Don't mention it" Nico says. "Your mum's proud of you" Nico says. Leo's eyes widen. "Y-you talked to my mother?!" Leo asks. Nico nods. "Umm when I visited dad she came up to me...I didn't realise who she was until today" Nico says. Nico looks at Leo. "Nico?" Leo asks."Yeah?" Nico asks. "Did one of the guys put you up to this?" Leo asks. Nico's heart sinks. "No...I wanted to get you to stop crying because I hate it" Nico says. "Hate it? Is it because all I do is smile?" Leo asks. "No you dork...because I hate seeing you sad...hearing you cry just makes something inside me snap" Nico says. "Really?" Leo asks. Nico nods, blushing. Leo grabs Nico's hand as they sit on his bed. "Please stay" Leo asks. Nico looks scared, shocked and confused. "I mean only if you want to" Leo says, scratching the back of his neck and steam coming off his head. 'God he is so cute...wait WHAT?! Leo Valdez is not cute, I am death I should not feel this way' Nico yells in his head. Nico nods and curls up beside Leo. Leo twirls a piece of the ghost King's hair around his fingers. Nico begins to fall asleep. Leo does too."Night Ghost King" Leo says."Night repair boy" Nico replies as he falls into a deep sleep with no nightmares, no dreams about Tartarus or the horrors that Nico has faced...Nico finally managed to sleep without worries and so did Leo...Leo didn't dream about the fire...about Gaia, about any of his friends dying. Leo couldn't cope if anyone died, especially Nico. Leo wanted Nico to be happy and live a long happy life and this prophecy wasn't going to take it away. Leo would die for Nico and that's what Leo did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: hey guys 😀 I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or requests for a one shot, if you do, comment in this chapter and I will try to get through as many as I can but until then,
bye for now - author chan