Percico- Please, Don't...

Annabeth's P.O.V

Another monster attack at camp and the rest of the seven are off fighting different monsters. I begin fighting and see Percy and Nico working together and see something in Percy's eyes that I have never seen before. I need to focus, not on Percy. I fight and it eventually turns into dust. I see Nico helping Leo...and Percy is missing. My mind races and I begin to panic. I look around, dodging arrows and blades. All of a sudden it goes silent and everything seems to stop. I drop my dagger and my eyes begin to water. Percy, stumbling over to a monster, arrow in his side...blood running down his face and body from cuts. "PERCY!" I yell and see him push Nico out of the way as a monster digs it's sharp talons into Percy's side. Nico's eyes are wide and everyone seems to stop as Leo goes crazy and burns all of the monsters surrounding us. I race over and everyone is surrounding him. "GET WILL NOW!" I yell and see some other demigod run off. "Hey, come on bro...you'll make it" Jason says and gives a weak smile, holding Piper who is about to cry. Leo looks broken. "Yeah...family sticks together...we'll get you sorted" Frank says and Hazel is crying. Nico looks broken...I know he had a crush on Percy but it...it was just some silly crush...not proper love...right? Nico sinks to his knees and Percy is lying on the floor. My world is collapsing. I sit next to Percy, tears flowing and I hold his hand. I know he won't make it...he's lost too much blood...he's not breathing right. "Seaweed brain...it's ok...you can give up" I say and everyone stares at me. "We'll meet you in Elysium...I promise on the river Styx" I say and thunder booms in the air. Percy is looking away from me and he seems dazed. I close my eyes. "I...love you" he says and I open my eyes and see his body lying there, head in Nico's lap, looking at Nico. Jason looks broken and Nico looks horrified, his body gently shaking. Leo, for the first time is not smiling, Piper looks upset and I can't comprehend anything. My...Percy is gone...he...loved Nico? He gave his last words to Nico. Frank holds Hazel who is in hysterics...I have no one to hold me anymore. I begin to sob, I can't hold it back. I see Piper move over to me and hold me. Nico is shaking more violently and Jason and Leo try to calm him down and talk to him. I notice Percy's hand linked with Nico's, but Nico can't remove his hand, Percy had a tight grip on it before...oh gods. "Hey...Nico? You gonna answer?" Leo asks, genuinely worried. I see a couple of tears from Leo and Jason, Nico's are flowing down his face. "Don't leave, stay...please" Nico mutters and keeps repeating it over and over again. I realise...it's not just some stupid crush, he adored Percy and now that's been taken from him...the reason he is here, the one who helped him, I don't know why I'm not as badly affected as Nico...I'm just trying to think logically...like my mother, no emotions just logic.

Weeks have gone by and Nico is still in a bad state, his body shakes, he can't sleep, he can't eat, he just cries. He's like a ghost...depressed. Jason has been trying to help along with Leo and Frank, Hazel and Piper. I have lost something...but I feel anger rather than sadness, Percy didn't care...he loved Nico, not me and did this to Nico...he's the cause of this, I told him to give up so maybe this is my fault too, but I wasn't thinking with my head...I was thinking with my heart. I hear what Nico says in his sleep and it breaks my heart...he wants to be with Percy...he needs Percy and maybe then he will be happy...we all needed him to stay but I let him go, I didn't think about anyone else apart from how to stop the pain. I walk through camp and see Nico sat in the spot it all happened, my heart begins to break and I sit next to him to hear gentle sobs, and see a mythomagic card in his hand, Poseidon. I see the ground is wet with Nico's tears. I sigh and leave him too it. A couple of weeks later I walk by the spot with Jason and Nico and see a flower. My eyes widen. A blue and black flower in the space where...it happened and where Nico used to cry...I feel Nico's heart break from where I am and my heart breaks too. Why didn't you stay Percy?