Leico- countdown

The soulmate AU where there is a countdown on your wrist that times when you meet your soulmate. As soon as the clock hits 0 you meet your soulmate.

Nico's P.O.V

I see Percy and Annabeth with Frank and Hazel. They have found their soulmates and I'm thirty minutes away from meeting mine. Oh gods, I'm nervous...I'm shaking. What if they don't like me? What if they ignore me? "Nico, we heading over to McDonald's in a bit, you coming...get you calm for the countdown?" Percy asks and I nod, racing upstairs to actually try to look ok...at least I could try. I change into black ripped jeans, black shirt with a white skull on, black converse, my silver skull ring on my middle finger and try to do my hair...even though my fringe still covers my left eye completely. "C'mon Nico...I heard Jason and his friends are gonna be there too" Percy says. I grab my black leather jacket and pull it on while heading down the stairs. Hazel grabs my hand and pulls up my sleeve to look at the clock. 27:36 minutes remaining. "Come on, we gotta find Nico's soulmate, his wife and love!" Hazel says as she skips off to find Frank. Oh shit...I can't, I didn't come out to my friends yet! I can't just tell them now. Oh gods why! I sit in the back next to Annabeth and everyone keeps bringing up the soulmate thing. We begin to drive faster and get to the McDonald's. Hazel keeps making me check my watch. 15 minutes 12 seconds. We head inside and I see Jason and piper. "Oh hey Nico!" Jason says. I smile and we sit with them. "Oh hey, Piper's best friend is coming to meet up with us, he is kinda hyper though" Jason says and Piper punches his shoulder gently...more soulmates.
"How long?" Frank asks and Piper pulls out her phone. "About ten minutes" she says. She shows us a photo and my heart stops. Wow...just wow. "Yeah, he is so close to meet his soulmate!" Piper squeals, she is obsessed with setting people up. "Oh, so is Nico" Percy says and Jason looks at me. I look down at the ground and we decide to wait outside for Leo.

Leo's P.O.V- 25 minutes

Oh gods, get yourself together Leo...it's just the person you're gonna marry, start a family with...love for the rest of your life. I sigh and get ready in my usual outfit, without oil stains and muck from the garage. I look at the countdown and see its 10 minutes.
I have to meet Piper and Jason at that McDonald's, and probably meet my soulmate. I wonder what they look like? Oh well Leo...go get 'em. I walk down the street and see Piper and Jason with a group of people. I see a guy in the background, definitely emo...but super cute. I get there and smile as Piper hugs me. "So this is Leo...Leo this is Hazel, Frank, Percy, Annabeth and Nico!" Piper says. Me and Nico lock eyes and my alarm on my countdown goes off. As mine begins to go off, so does his. Everyone stares at us and his eyes widen. My soulmate...is Nico.

Nico's P.O.V

It's him...my soulmate. I can see everyone staring at me but all I can see is Leo. "You're gay?" Piper asks Leo.
"Nico?" Hazel asks. Percy and Jason are smirking. "Well, you lovebirds come in once you're done outside" Jason says as they head inside. I stare at the floor, blushing. They all leave and Leo comes closer to me. He looks nervous. "So...hi" he says and I smile.
"Hi..." I say. Gods why do I fail at talking to people! "Wanna go on a date and ditch them inside?" Leo asks.
"Sure...but you owe me a happy meal" I say and he laughs slightly. "To the park then...there is ice cream" Leo says. I chuckle a little and we head off. His hand gently laces with mine as we walk around the park, eating ice cream. Our phones keep going off from the guys at McDonald's but Leo just laughs about it. It was beginning to get dark. "I can't believe I got somebody so cute and amazing as a soulmate" Leo says. I feel myself blushing and his eyes widen. "Oh gods...I didn't mean...well I meant it but I wasn't supposed to say it, it kinda came out...oh gods" he says and I giggle a little. "Don't worry, you're cute and amazing too..." I say. He smiles. "Neeks..." he says. "Already with the nicknames?" I say.
"Better get used to them, your stuck with me, remember?" He says, pointing to the watch. I roll my eyes, but smiling. "Anyway...out of everyone we could have been soulmates with, I'm glad it was you" he says. "I was wondering if you want to..." he asks and I nod. I stand on tiptoes and put my hands on his shoulders as I kiss him. He kisses back and pulls me closer, his hands on my waist.

Leo's P.O.V

He kissed me! I pull him closer, holding onto his waist. If I could, I would freeze time at this exact moment and keep it like this forever, me and him. It feels as if fireworks went off and  he pulls away gently, still staying close and our foreheads touching. His eyes meet mine and he smiles, the sort of smile that makes my heart flutter and skip a beat. "I...I love you Neeks" I say and his smile gets wider. "Love you too Valdez" he says. "NICO! LEO!" I hear Piper and Hazel yelling. "Do they have to be here now?" Nico asks and I laugh a little. "You have to give me your number, and as it is dark I am walking you home" I say. We pull away as Piper and Hazel get closer and Nico grabs my hand and a pen and scribbles something on my hand, underneath my clock. I see all the guys there and Nico smiles. We walk home and I walk Nico to the door...and stupidly decided to drop him and Hazel off at home first. All of them are busy being a couple so me and Nico talk more. No one even asks if we are together until Hazel heads inside and Nico hangs back with me. "NICO, HURRY INSIDE!" His step mum says. "Call me" he says and kisses me. He then heads inside and waves as his step mum shuts the door with a grin on her face. Everyone stares at me. "What?" I ask and Jason and Percy high five. "Nico hasn't ever liked someone before, or even smiled since he was about 10...thanks" Percy says. I head home, ready to tell my mum.