Percico- Coma

Nico's P.O.V

Why? Why did you have to be so stupid and go and help me? You should have left me you stupid stupid loveable dork! I sit next to Percy and hold his hand. Annabeth had left and so had most of the seven. All the doctors had gone for their breaks. "Why did you save me?" I ask. The heart monitor beeps. "You just had to jump in front of me before that fury stabbed me...instead of saving Annabeth and getting her out of there with her broken leg you came and saved me" I say.

The time passes, doctors come and go and so do visitors but I hardly left. Only when they kicked me out. Everyday was the same...hospital, home, wash, eat, sleep and then back to the hospital. I sat in the same chair everyday, sung to him in Italian, read to him and even helped the doctors as much as I could. I couldn't let Percy die because of my mistake. Annabeth came as often as she could along with the rest of the seven. All I could do is sit there. It pained me everyday, every time I saw him I thought I should be in his position...I should be the one in the coma.
Why does Aphrodite hate me to not only make the man I love taken, but so close to death?

THREE YEARS LATER

I walk back to the hospital. I see Annabeth and her new boyfriend walking around outside. Her new guy is a son of Apollo that takes care of Percy. I need to be there...I hate leaving.
All of the doctors want to pull the plug but I will never let them, they can't! I walk faster down the corridors, turning back into the room. I sit on the plastic chair and look at Percy. I lean over and grab his hand. "Hey Percy...I'm back, again" I say.
"I'm sorry...for everything, I'm the reason you're here" I feel tears welling in my eyes. "Please wake up...prove the doctors wrong, you're stronger than this and you know it" I say. The heart monitor begins to beep faster. I look up as it speeds up. I see nurses running into the room and see them crowding around Percy. "Mr Jackson, can you hear me?" A nurse says. I see those beautiful sea-green eyes flicker open and Percy sits up alarmed. "NICO!" He yells. "Percy" I say. He looks around frantically, looking for someone. "Nurse, I'll take care of him...please" I say and they nod and finally leave. "Nico...the fury...camp" Percy says.
"It's all ok...we're all ok Percy" I say. "I...what happened?" He asks.
"Percy, it's been three years...you've been asleep" I say and Percy looks scared. "Has Annabeth...left?" He asks. "She moved on...sorry Percy" I say.
I see Jason, Piper and Leo at the door. "Fish boy finally woke up!" Leo says.
"Guys?" Percy asks. They come and sit down. "What's happened while...you know" Percy asks. "Nico has literally lived here, he wouldn't leave you, Piper and Jason are married with one kid...and I have seemed to have actually found a child of Ares that seems to put up with me and you know...kinda married" Leo says. "Leo...married?" Percy asks and I burst out laughing. Leo is smiling. "Yep...she's heading over now, I think" Leo says. "So, how's life been for Frazel?" Percy asks. "Three kids, married, settled in New Rome" Jason says. Leo's phone goes off and he steps into the hall, Jason heads off to get coffee and Piper looks like she is going to burst into that shipping song again. "Nico, how did you manage to stay here all the time?" Piper asks. I shrug.
"Wait, you stayed...for three years?" Percy asks. "Yeah...I caused this so I might as well endure boredom like you" I say. He smiles. "You caused nothing Nico...I had to make sure you are ok" Percy says. "Why? All I did was hurt you" I say.
"And all I ever did was love you..." Percy says. "I love you..." I say. Percy smiles. "Thank the Gods you are alive" I say and hold his hand. "As soon as I get out of here we are going on a date" Percy says. Piper is smiling like crazy."I ship PERCICO!" Piper yells. Jason and Leo races in. "Leo it's just Piper fangirling, it's all ok" a woman's voice yells through the phone.
"We will let you lovebirds get on with being cute, boys lets go" Piper says, dragging the boys out of the hospital. "Never again Percy, promise me" I say.
"I promise to protect you no matter what" Percy says. "I love you" he says.