1

a/n: this is a ross lynch au story. i am simply using some names/looks to present the characters. the characters and the actions in this story are not related or based off the actual person. there will be sex scenes, cursing, drugs and triggers. there will be warnings beforehand. please read at your own risk. it is rated appropriately for such things.

----

"Hayley, let's go!" My boss, Mike, screams at me from the employee door entrance located at the back of the bookstore located in the small town of Littleton, Colorado.

I roll my eyes and continue my normal paced walk, my boots sloshing against the dirty snow. I walk straight past my rude boss and clock in. "Why are we even open? You know nothing else is open in town since this is the worst snowstorm in years. I can't believe you made us all drive here," I huff in aggravation and pull off my heavy black snow coat and hang it up in the tiny area we like to call our employee lounge.

"Well someone is in a cranky mood," he says, his thick black hair covering his eyes as he swipes it away from his vision.

I flash him a fake smile. "It is eight in the morning and the first person I spoke to all day was you screaming at me to hurry up, so I'm sorry if I'm cranky," I laugh and switch into my sneakers so I don't leave traces of dirt everywhere. I'm used to Mike since he hired me here 4 years ago when I freshly turned sixteen so I know I can joke around with him a bit.

Mike rolls his eyes and motions for me to follow him into the bookstore. I wave hello to the barista working today and continue toward the massive cart of books that I am in charge of sorting through today. I get to work right away – sorting by genre and author.

As I'm deeply focused in the books, my mind creating a little list in my head of potential ones I want to purchase after my shift, I hear a commotion from the main entrance. I poke my head over the shelving, my heels lifted off the floor to see the wild animals that came in to disrupt the quiet vibe in the bookstore.

"Why is it that this is the only shit store open in this town today?" A blonde boy asks, surrounded by one darker skinned boy and a brunette boy who seemed a little older.

One rolls his eyes and gives him a shove, "We take what we can get, Ross." His voice sounding as it is booming within this small store.

"Well this is a shitty thing to 'get' Chance," the brunette says as they begin walking into the small aisles.

As they pass the row that I am in, a whiff of beer hits me. I roll my eyes and saunter after them before loudly clearing my throat. "Excuse me?" I watch as the three of them whip around to look at me before staring at me with questioning eyes. "As this is a bookstore where some people like to get their work done and read some books, we try to keep the noise at a minimum." I take a step closer to them before lowering my voice even more, "I also really don't recommend coming in here reeking of alcohol and causing a whole scene."

The blonde one, who I assume is named Ross, takes one step closer to me. "Are you threatening us?" I look right into his hazel eyes and shake my head confidently. "Alright Princess, let's get out of this shitty little bookstore anyway. Let's go Ellington, Chance."

I take a step to the side of them, allowing them to disappear out of my view. I see Ross' hand flick out toward the rest of the books I have stacked on my cart. As though he is playing Jenga, he pulls out the thick book from the bottom and tosses it right on top causing the rest of the books to crash onto the floor.

I put my hands into the top of my dark brunette hair and tug at the roots in frustration. I lightly stomp over and begin picking up the books as the commotion of the three boys leave the building. I finish the rest of my six hour shift with minimal guests interrupting my sorting thankfully.

I head back to my apartment that isn't too far from the bookstore. It's the half way point from the college I attend and this job. I put my key into the tiny slot and open it to hear my two roommates lounging in the living room.

The gorgeous redhead, Kayla, smiles at me with her perfectly straight teeth. "Ready for the frat party tonight?"

"You promised us you'd come this time!" Olivia adds, both of their makeup and hair ready for the night ahead.

I groaned and plop down onto the sofa, "Nooooo." I whine and rub my hands over my face. "I forgot I promised."

"Look, it'll be fun. I promise if you aren't comfortable we will leave – no issue, no questions asked. You got that sexy green jumpsuit that you still haven't worn!" Kayla tries to convince me. I roll over and put my face into the decorative pillow while mumbling 'fine' a few times.

I stand in front of the mirror only forty minutes later. I stare at my loosely curled waves, my makeup done perfect and the jumpsuit I never thought I would actually wear. "You know I hate parties," I pout as I stick my feet into small heels.

Olivia smiles warmly from my bed, "I know. You can't miss this party though. It's the only time the dirty frat boys move the party from their overcrowded and sweaty house into the restaurant downtown with the open floor and bar for the Christmas Bash." I roll my eyes and adjust my hair. "I hope your eyes get stuck like that," she sticks her tongue out then walks from the room before yelling at me to come out so we can go.

We arrive a bit after it starts. The girls are dressed in anything from dresses to jumpsuits to skirts. Boys are in suits to jeans and t-shirts. I take in the environment around me as Olivia shoves a shot of clear liquid into both Kayla and my hands.

I see a blonde boy stumbling over to me with a smile on his face. "What's up, book princess?" He smirks, the red fabric of a Santa class suit clinging to his body. I groan and bring the small cup to my lips and tilting my head back, allowing the liquid to warm my throat.

---

A/N

Characters:

ROSS LYNCH AS HIMSELF

DANIELLE CAMPBELL AS HAYLEY ATKINS

MADELAINE PETSCH AS KAYLA LARSON

CHLOË GRACE MORETZ AS OLIVIA O'DONELL

CHANCE PERDOMO AS HIMSELF

ELLINGTON RATLIFF AS HIMSELF

RIKER LYNCH AS HIMSELF

RYDEL LYNCH AS HERSELF

ROCKY LYNCH AS HIMSELF

RYLAND LYNCH AS HIMSELF