Taking You to a Wedding (Ashton)

You woke up and looked in the mirror seeing the bags under your eyes. Today was the wedding of your best friend. The one you were hopelessly in love with. Ashton. He would be here in a few hours to pick you up. He wanted you to be with him before the wedding and your heart broke. You wanted to be with him before the wedding, during the wedding, and after the wedding. But that would never happen. You sighed and hopped in the shower washing your tears away. (So dramatic) Your dress was hung up in the back of the door along with your flats. After blow drying your hair and sliding on your dress, you fixated on your makeup trying to hide all evidence of the sleepless nights. You looked in the mirror again and decided you looked as pretty as a burnt piece of toast. Let the nightmare begin.

"Hey Y/N! Can you believe this day is here?!" Ashton beamed. Your heart hurt. "Oh uh yeah! Hooray! Marriage!" You said halfheartedly. Ashton smiled at you and took your hand. "Thank you for being here. You're my best friend and I love you." You have no idea how much I love you Ash. "Sure! Anything for my best pal!" You flinched at your own poisonous words. You felt sick to your stomach. "Remember when I met Kylie? You and I were at the beach and as soon as I saw her, everything was blurry. You had to shake me quite a few times before I snapped out of it! What a magical day." As if your heart wasn't sunken enough. Now it was plunged into an abyss of pain, sorrow, and soggy sandwiches. Yes it was that bad. "Yeah it was magical alright." You muttered leaning your head on your hand. "What?" You shook your head. "Nothing." His dimples were showing. "You're cute when you're grumpy."

At the venue, you followed Ashton to his assigned room and shut the door. He had the rest if the 5SOS boys there as well. You said hello to each one of them. Calum saw the hurt in your eyes and held onto you as long as he could. Mikey kissed your temple and rubbed your back. Luke whispered a few comforting words in your ear and squeezed the jelly out of you. They all knew about your feelings towards Ashton, but you asked them not to say anything to Ash. They promised and talked with you as much as you needed. "Okay boys. Get dressed before I make you all wear nothing but your ties." Ashton threatened. You were about to leave when his hand grabbed your arm. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked. "Oh I thought you were getting dressed." He smirked and pulled you back into the room. "Noooo I need you! You make me look pretty!" You giggled at his pleads and caved. He always had that hold on you. You averted your eyes as he pulled on his pants and threw his shirt over his shoulders. "Ok Y/N. I need your help." You looked back towards Ashton and snorted. Every button on his shirt was messed up. You unbuttoned it and started over. You held your breath when you accidentally brushed his bare skin. He must not have noticed. You finished buttoning his shirt and helped him with his tie. He looked heavenly. He smiled and kissed you on the cheek. "Thanks love! Now I gotta work on my crazy hair." He said waltzing into the bathroom. You sighed and fell back into one of the chairs. This was going to be a very long day.

The ceremony was getting closer and Ashton was finally ready. You were still seated, talking with the rest of the boys about the Ashton situation. "How are you doing Y/N?" Michael asked sympathetically. You gave him a weak smile. "I'm fine." "No you're not." Luke muttered. You looked at him. "Is it that obvious?" He nodded and Calum scoffed. "Y/N no offense but you look like the bride of Frankenstein." You giggled and rested your head on his shoulder. "Thanks Cal. Good to know I can always come to you for encouragement." He chuckled and rubbed your arm. "Hang in there babe. We love you." You sniffed and nodded. No. Not now. Damn it. The tears flowed freely down your face and you hid in Calums' chest. He rubbed circles on your back to calm you down. Michael and Luke held your hands as you cried. "You need to tell him Y/N. We can't see you like this. It's too much. It hurts all of us. And honestly, we think Ash should be with you." Michael said. You bit your lip. "I-I should tell him? How? He's going to laugh at me! Or throw spaghetti in my face!" Luke snorted and kissed your hand. "Y/N. Just tell Ashton." "Tell Ashton what?" His voice cut through the conversation. You looked up into his happy face. His face fell as soon as he saw your tears. "Are you happy crying? Or sad crying?" He asked softly. "What do you think?" You chuckled emotionlessly. "What's wrong babe?" Babe. "Nothing Ash. I'm fine." You felt the other boys' stare burn into your skin. You didn't care. You just couldn't tell him. "No seriously Y/N. What's wrong? You can tell me anything! That's what best friends are for!" You clenched your jaw. "Forget about it Ashton. I'm Ok." He nudged you a few times. "Y/N!!! Tell me! What's wrong? What can I do?" You couldn't hold it in any longer. You stood up from Calums' grip and faced him. "Fine Ashton! You win! I'm not Ok! In fact, this is the worst day of my life! I can't do this anymore! To myself or to you. Ashton Fletcher Irwin? I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you for 5 years. And now we're here. At your wedding. And I'm not the one who's going to be next to you. There. Are you happy now?" You sobbed and ran out of the room with Luke on your tail.

(Ashton's P.O.V) I stared after Y/N as she pushed out of the room. My jaw dropped at her confession. How did I not see this? How could I be so stupid and ignorant? I looked at Michael and Calum who were sitting awkwardly. "D-Did you know about this?" I already knew the answer. They both nodded slowly and avoided eye contact. "Why didn't you tell me?" My voice cracked. "We promised we wouldn't tell you. I'm sorry Ashton. We should've told you. For her sake." Michael answered. "She's hurting man. Real badly." Calum added, not making me feel the slightest bit better. I nodded slowly and sank into a chair. "She loves me." I said mostly to myself.

(Back to your lovely self) You found a secluded corner to cry in the other side of the venue. You knew Luke would find you and you didn't care. You could use a hug. You heard his breathing before he came into view. "There you are! Damn you're fast." He reserved a place next to you and intertwined your fingers with his. "I'm sorry Y/N. If I could do anything, would you let me know?" You nodded and wiped the tears from your cheeks. "Luke? If you were in love with your best friend would you tell them?" He took a deep breath. "Well that would be you. And to be honest, I am in love with you. But in the non committal way." You giggled and hugged him. "I love you too Luke. Thank you. I haven't been fair to you at all. I'm sorry." He shushed you and stroked your hair. He made you feel better. No matter what. Why couldn't he be the one you were in love with? "Y/N?" You heard Ashton say your name. Luke kissed your temple and left you alone with Ash. Ashton took Luke's seat beside you and didn't touch you. "Are you really in love with me?" He asked fiddling with his thumbs. "Yes." He finally faced you and took your hands. "Y/N. I-I love you too." Your heart had a tinge of hope. "But it wouldn't be fair to Katie." "Kylie." "Yeah her. It wouldn't be fair to Kylie. But...." He paused and you waited for his life breaking, or changing words. "But I love you. And that wouldn't be fair to you or myself. And sometimes I need to listen to my own heart for the right decision. But it already knows. Y/N, my heart chooses you. It always has. I was just too afraid to let myself be vulnerable with you. Mostly because I didn't think you felt the same way. But when you told me you were in love with me, I realized that I pushed you away so we wouldn't be close. If that makes sense. I'm babbling now, and I don't know what to do about Carly and-" "Kylie." "Damn it!" He ran his hands through his hair. "Let me do this again. I love you. I want to be with you. Ok? Good?" You stared at him in disbelief. "Ash. You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that." He smiled and pulled you into a passionate first kiss. "If I showed up with a plane ticket, and a shiny diamond ring with your name on it, would you wanna run away too? Coz all I really want is you." He sang quietly. You smiled and kissed him again.

Ashton talked with his fiancée and canceled the wedding on good terms. Surprisingly, she took it really well. Like really well. You were always suspicious of her. Now they weren't getting married. Yay! You got a few dirty looks but other than that, it went well. The rest of the boys hugged you both and complained about you two finally being together. You replayed the last few hours in your head not believing everything that happened. "Y/N are you ready to go on our first date?" Ashton's hand found yours and swung them back and forth. You smiled. "Eh I'm not in the mood." You joked. Ashton gasped and pushed you lightly. "Of course I'm ready for our first date." He did a celebratory dance and kissed you. You laughed as you walked out the door. To the left, you saw Kylie sucking face with the surprisingly young priest. "Uh...Ash?" You pointed it out to him and he snorted. "Well that would've been awkward throughout the years."

(HelloHere's  the  last  edition  of the  Takes  You  to  a  WeddingYay! Celebratory  dances  and  kisses  for all! Love  you  xx thanks  for reading!)