Chapter 9

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

When I woke up on Saturday morning, I was kind of excited. It was my first day off at my brand new Boarding School, and I had no idea what to expect. Eve had told me I could have breakfast at any time I wanted, so I had decided to sleep in. Eve, Paulie and Sam had already left when I found a comfortable spot on one of the huge couches, bringing my battered copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone with me. I knew it was nerdy, but I didn’t care and besides, who was there to see it?

When someone knocked on the door, I wondered if I’d heard it correctly; but when I didn’t open the door right away, another soft knock sounded. No mistaking it now, someone was knocking on the door. I contemplated for a little while, wondering if I should open it. It was probably for Sam or Paulie, who had friends over all the time. I kept to myself when they came over – their friends all wore leather jackets, smoked lots of cigarettes, and talked really loud. The way they acted around each other wasn’t exactly my idea of socializing. All of them were either like Paulie (way too happy) or like Sam (permanently irritated).

Well, it was the right thing, the polite thing, to open the door. So I got up, put my book under my arm and got to the door just as athird, somewhat louder knock sounded.

“Impatient much?” I asked, opening the door wide and leaning against the doorway. It wasn’t my usual manner when I didn’t know who was there, but I felt elated right now. It was Saturday after all.

“Hey…” Simon stood there, looking embarrassed.

“Simon!” I greeted him happily. “What are you doing here?”

“Well... I… erm…” he stammered. “I figured you might want someone to have breakfast with…”

“How nice of you.” I stepped aside. “Would you like to come in?”

“Erm – sure, but, well, you’re not dressed yet…” His cheeks were slightly flushed.

I looked down at myself, seeing nothing inappropriate. I was wearing my pink striped Victoria’s Secret silk pajamas. The shirt was a nice button-up one with a notch collar and deep pockets where I kept all kinds of crap. The trousers were long and baggy, because I always bought my pj’s way too big. It was a really comfy, yet decent pajama. “Well, it might be nicer for you to wait in the living room till I get dressed,” I reasoned, walking back into the room. “Your choice.”

He followed, closing the door behind him. “You seem… different.”

I smiled at him. “It’s Saturday and I love to sleep in. So yeah, I am different. I’m well-rested and really happy.”

“Finally.” He clapped his hands together. “Someone who likes to sleep in too!”

I grinned. “You too?”

“Hell yeah.” He sat down on the couch I’d been lying on previously and suddenly seemed to remember I wasn’t dressed yet. “Erm – so, I’ll just wait here till you get dressed then.”