Charlie

Bethany picked me up from my flat at about 7. Harry was staying with Aidan and Eva so i could go out to a party with some people from school. We walked along the road and to the bus stop. we waited for a few minutes before getting on the bus.

We'd been at the party for a good few hours now when one of the most popular boys in school, Brad Matthews, arrived and as usual he had his usual squad with him. most of them were just cocky idiots but there was one of them, he was the quiet one but he was the captain of the boys football team. His name was Charlie Walker. he smiled as he entered the room at the back of the group of boys. I smiled back and he winked at me, he winked back. We'd been together for a while, like 6 month, but never publicly because he was always with his little squad.

It was almost midnight and Bethany and I were dancing with some other girls in our year. i felt someone grab my hand and assumed it was Bethany as she was standing next to me. I turned to look to my side to see Charlie standing next to me. He winked as I stopped dancing and followed him out into the hallway of the house. We both sat down on the bottom steps of the stairs and he smiled at me. 

"You look so beautiful tonight." he said as he held onto my hands, "And I know we've been talking for ages and I really like you and you know that, but I've never really shown anyone thatI love you and I think i need to. I want you to be my girlfriend and I want everyone to know it." he said.

"Are you drunk?" I asked and he violently shook his head. "Are you sure?" I asked.

"Well, I might have had a little bit, but I mean what I'm saying." he said and I smiled.

"I thought I was already your girlfriend anyway," I said and he smiled as well. 

"Yeah but I want you to be my more girlfriend." he said, before I giggled then I leaned in to kiss him. We sat there for a while kissing before someone came down from upstairs and we had to separate. he looked at me and smiled sweetly.

"You know we could ditch this place, and I could take you for a kebab." he said as he hold onto my hand.

"You really know how o treat a girl don't you?" I said as I got up. He got up as well and I went to say goodbye to Bethany. We walked back to Coronation street. Luckily nobody who I knew was working in the kebab shop. We both ordered a kebab each before eating them together. We chatted and he made me laugh and we talked about his family and stuff.

"What about you? You got siblings or anything?" he asked. I paused and looked at him. He wasn't there when I spoke in front of the whole school about what had happened and I guess he had never found out. I had never spoken about my family to him before. I smiled sweetly at him before taking a deep breath. 

"I've got a little brother, his name is Harry, he's six and he's very cute and cuddly and he loves cars and trucks and football. His favourite food is chicken nuggets and he likes to make smoothies on a Sunday morning. he likes to get in my bed in the mornings and watch TV in my bed. he finds it funny when people make silly faces and he is fascinated by how things work." i said before stopping and looking at Charlie. he smiled before saying,

"You two sound close."

"Incredibly" I said, i watched his lips open and the words that I was dreading come out,

"How come?" 

"When he was little, he was abducted and kept in a house for two years until he was five and by the time he had come back, our Mum and our three sisters had all died. He didn't know our youngest but the older one and his twin had both died." I was going to continue but my voice sort of drifted off as if I was not able to tell him anymore.

"I'm sorry," he said, I don't think he knew what to say either.

"I can show you back at my house, a picture of them, I'll tell you the whole thing." I said as I got up. Charlie did as well and we both left out of the door of the kebab shop. We walked along the street to Victoria court before I put in the code for the door open. Charlie grabbed my hand and pulled me slightly as I opened the door,

"Wait, won't your Dad be pissed if you bring me home, it's like nearly midnight." he said, looking concerned.

"No, don't worry about it." I said before walking past Harry's bike and towards the stairs. 

We reached the door of the flat. I got my keys out and unlocked it before pushing the door open and turning the lights on. Charlie shut the door behind him and i brought him inside. I put my phone on the dock in the living room and turned on some music.

"Sssshhhhh, you're Dad and brother will wake up." Charlie said as he almost rushed over to me. I moved away and picked up a picture that's next to the TV, it was of me, my Dad and my Mum at my seventh birthday party.

"Look, this is me at my seventh birthday party, this is my Mum, she died in a car accident over a year ago and this is my Dad who died in a car accident when I was seven. I don't have parents anymore."

"But what about your brother then? Who looks after you?" Charlie asked as he rubbed my arm gently. I put the picture down and walked towards the window, there I picked up a picture of Bella, Elsa, Harry and I, not long before Harry's abduction. It was one of his favourites.

"I look after Harry, I'm his legal guardian. He is my responsibility. Ever since he came back, I have looked after him because it's what my Mum asked me to do before she died. This is Harry and this is Bella, they were twins and then this is Elsa and there's me." I said pointing out each one of us as Charlie stood behind me with his ams around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder. 

"You look after him?" he asked. I nodded as I put the picture back down. "By yourself?" 

"Kind of, my aunts and my uncle help and so does my grandad but he lives here with me all the time and he relies on me most of the time. By the way, I completely understand if you don't want to be with me anymore." I said.

"No, No, don't you ever think that, I get why you never told me about it before, but I want to be with you, I want to help you, I love you Isla."

"Love you too" I said before turning around and kissing him. 

"Wait, I swear you said you had a baby sister," he said. 

"Yeah, Jessica died in the same car accident as my Mum and Bella. Harry never met her, she was the result of my Mum's fourth husband and he now lives downstairs with his new pregnant girlfriend, who he left my dying Mum for."

"Bet that's a bit awkward when you bump into each other in the lift." he said before we both giggled.