Remembering them

I rolled over in bed and grabbed my phone from my bedside table. I pressed the home button and the date flashed up on my phone. I looked to the wallpaper, the same picture that was last in Bella's notebook.

I went downstairs. Michelle was sat on the sofa while Liz and Steve were sat at the table.
"Hey angel" Michelle said as she pulled me onto the sofa next to her.
"Hey" I said as I rested my head on her.
"I've made you some pancakes" Michelle said stroking my hair.
I ate my breakfast, got dressed and went to school. At school, my day was a blur, I felt strange like everyone else was carrying on around me but my world should have stopped. At lunch time, I sat with Bethany in the canteen and we chatted like everything was normal. She knew what today was but she helped make me feel normal. I posted a picture on my facebook of my mum, Bella and Jessica, at the hospital after jess was born. I captioned it, Missing them today 💗👩‍👧‍👧 #1yeartoday.

After school, I went upstairs with Zizzi and got changed. Craig text me and said to come outside. I went back downstairs and took Zizzi out the back to the ginnel. Craig was standing with his bag over his shoulder, admiring his work. I stood against the opposite wall and admired it too.
"It's amazing" I said, " you're really talented" I said before hugging him.
"You're welcome, but I best be off, my mum wants me back for my tea" he said before turning around and going into the gate of his house. I heard his back door shut and checked the time. I needed to be in the pub right now. I went back through the pub gate and in through the back door. I went into the pub where Michelle was stood behind the bar with Liz while Kate, Aidan, Eva and Johnny were all standing on the other side of the bar. Nick, Leanne, Simon, ken, Rita and Roy were all sat at a table behind them.
"Hey angel cakes, where have you been?" Michelle said as she put her arm around me.
"I need to show you something" I said to her.
"That didn't answer my question" she said as she put her drink down and turned around to face me.
"I'll show you and then you'll know" I said.
"Alright then. Are we all coming?" Michelle said indicating to the Ripken sitting in the pub.
"Yeah" I said as I walked out of the back door of the pub and led them out into the ginnel. Zizzi follows too.
We reached the ginnel and everyone gathered around the graffiti on the wall.
There was silent, everyone was almost mesmerised.
"Do you want to say something?" Johnny whispered in my ear. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Go on, make her proud"
"Sorry, everyone, if I could just have your attention, I just wanted you to all see this, I wanted today to be a day to celebrate and even though it's sad," I paused, Michele stroked my shoulder,
"I want everyone to be happy about them, because I know that mum would have wanted to see everyone happy. She was the best and she, she, sh-" I paused again and wiped my tears that were beginning to fall down my face.
"I just wanted to have somewhere, where I or anyone else can come to remember not only my mum but also my sisters and my dad, even my uncle Liam. I don't want to remember the bad things, I want to remember the bad things. I loved my mum and dad and sisters and I never want to forget them." I said and there was lots of clapping.