Proud

Today is the Easter holidays for Harry and I so we both have a break from school. We had decided not to rent out our house in Devon for a week so we could go down there and stay in it. Charlie wasn't coming because he was going away with his family instead, so Harry and I were driving down on the Saturday.

It's Friday today and I just picked Harry up from school and we were walking home. We popped into the factory and saw Johnny and Kate and had a quick chat before walking home. We walked in the door and were greeted by Zizzi.

"Harry you need to pack all of the toys that you want to take with you to Devon ok, and put them in the rucksack that's at the end of your bed." I said to him as we walked through the door. I put down my school bag and Harry left his book bag and lunch box on the island before going into his room. I sorted through his lunch box first, emptying it of all the rubbish that I tell him to put in the bins at school and then I looked through his book bag. He had three books, which said in his reading record that he had to read of Easter. I then pulled out the newsletter that he always got at the end of term. I read through it before getting to the end and reading the people who had won prizes, and right there in bold letters it said Our pupil of the term is Harry Connor, who has shown excellent improvement in his work as well as his social skills and behaviour.

"Harry," I called as I read it, he came out of his road and over to me at the island, "you didn't tell me about this, you won pupil of the term of your entire school. I'm so proud of you little man." I said as I hugged him.
"We had an assembly at school, and I got up and got my trophy and a certificate. I was going to tell you but I knew you'd be at school because you're parents are allowed to come and my teacher said to invite you."
"Hey come here, it's alright, you could have told me, I could have found a way to come. But it's ok, where's this trophy and certificate?"
"In my room."
"Go get them, I wanna see" I said and he got down. I attached the letter onto a fridge with a magnet to show the part that talked about Harry. He came back out of his room holding a trophy and a certificate. I smiled before taking a few pictures of him holding them both. He then put them on the island.

"Right how about we get some chips for our tea as a special treat for being so good?" I asked him, he smiled brightly.
"Yes please." He said.
"Ok, well first we need to do some packing for our trip yeah?"
"Yeah." He said and we went into Harry's room. I got his little suitcase from on top of the wardrobe. Harry sat on his bed as I sat down in front of his chest of drawers.
"Right you need to tell me what clothes you want to take." I said and for the next half an hour we packed all of what he wanted including his toys and clothes. He helped me, whilst telling me about his day at school. After that he came into my room and sat on my bed while I packed my things. He told me what I should and shouldn't bring like I had done for him and helped me to fold my clothes and everything. It was times like this when he really did just melt my heart.

We were nearly finished packing when we heard the front door. It was Michelle.
"Hey kiddos, whose is the trophy and certificate? Harry Connor, where are you? Did they get the wrong person?" Michelle said and Harry got up from my bed and went into the kitchen. I heard him telling Michelle all about it before both of them came into my room.
"He's amazing isn't he?" I said and he came and sat on my lap.
"He is amazing." Michelle said, "are you packing for tomorrow?" She asked.
"Yeah, um we're having chips for tea if you want to join us." I asked her.
"No you're alright babe, I've got a dinner meeting with a client. I only came back here to get my folder."
"Ok" I said, before continuing to pack. Michelle left the room and went into hers and returning with her folder.
"Right I'll see you later, have a good tea." She said before leaving the flat.

"Harry put shoes on, lets go get some chips." I said to him as I grabbed my phone, purse and keys from the island. He came out of his room, still in his school uniform and wearing his school shoes.
"Come on then." We left the flat and went downstairs and out. We walked down the street the the kebab shop, where Harry chose to get chicken nuggets and chips and I got a kebab and chips.

We sat at the small bar there and ate our food. I took a picture of Harry and along with the one of him with his trophy and certificate and post them on instagram with the caption I'm so proud of my baby boy, he's come so far and I couldn't be happier. Love you my little Harry Connor 👩‍👦💙

Harry and I went home when we finished and we both put on our pyjamas before he came into my room and we watched finding dory in my laptop. He cuddled up to me and eventually he fell asleep in my bed. I switched off the film and got out of bed and went into the kitchen. I was making myself a cup of tea when Michelle came in.
"Where's Harry?" She asked
"Asleep in my bed. Do you want a cuppa?" I asked her. She nodded her head.

We sat down with our tea in front of the TV and were part way through a programme when my bedroom door opened and Harry appeared wrapped in his blanket. He walked over to the sofa and stood in front of me.
"Isla" he said.
"Yeah" I answered.
"I want to tell you about what happened to me, when I was missing." He answered.