Its going to be ok

I couldn't sleep all last night, I kept thinking about Mum, laying there so lifeless.

At about 7:30, Nick came in the door. I was sat on the sofa with Elsa snuggled up asleep next to me and Bella still sleeping in her bed.
"Is she asleep?" He said as he shut the door quietly. I nodded.
"How's Mum?"
"She's in a coma, she has swelling on her brain as well as a dislocated shoulder and a fractured wrist."
"Is she gonna be ok?"
"It's too early to say" he said as he kissed my head and went over to switch on the kettle.
"How are the girls?"
"Fine, Bella doesn't understand and Elsa couldn't sleep, hence why she's in here."
"Can I go and see Mum?"
"Yeah of course you can, I'll take you in when we've got the girls sorted."
"Where are they gonna go?"
"Rita said she would have Bella while I take Elsa to school."
"Ok" I said as I got up and walked over to the counter.
"Do you want a cuppa?"
"Yes please"
"Toast?"
"Yeah, have you eaten?"
"No, I didn't want to leave your mums side. I had to come back and check on you three."

About half an hour later Bella and Elsa both started to wake up. I got them dressed while Nick made their breakfast, both of us trying to get them sorted as quickly as possible. I want to see Mum I thought in my head as I put Bella's Tshirt on.

We dropped Bella off at Rita's at 8:30. Then took Elsa to school. Nick drove to the hospital and took me up to intensive care.
Mum lay so still and quiet, I sat down on the chair next to her.
"I'm gonna go talk to the doctor" Nick said as I held tightly into her hand.
"Ok, I'll stay with her" Nick left and the door swung behind him.
"Why you huh? Why does it always have to be you? Come on Mum just wake up, just open those eyes. Elsa couldn't sleep last night, you know and Bella did, although they didn't go to sleep until about 11. Elsa had a bath and Bella played in the sitting room while she did. She misses you Mum, she asked me where you were last night and I didn't know what to say. I had to tell her you were getting a check up. That was hard, her little eyes sunk into her face. She looks just like you, you know. But she was asking about Frank again, I told her not to ask you, in case you got upset, she was so cute. You can't leave us Mum not now, not ever. Elsa is getting there with the whole second times tables but she's got a way to go and you need to see it."
The door swung open and Nick and a doctor came in.
"You alright?" He said as he stroked my head and kissed Mum's forehead. We stayed and Nick and the doctors talked I held firmly onto Mum's hand.