Moving home

My stuff was all packed up in the car. Johnny was driving his with Aidan and Kate was driving mums old one that I would have and Michelle was driving hers with me. Grandma and grandad had gone back to Ireland the day before. The house was being rented out to people and the money was going into an account with the money I had been left. We found out that it resulted in over 2 million pounds. As well as that we had sold the other car and we were renting out mum and nicks old flats back in Manchester.

We made a last check of the house before heading downstairs and handing the keys to the estate agent. Michelle and I both kept a spare set. We got into the car before driving home to Manchester. Zizzi was in the boot with all of our stuff.

It was about 4pm when we got home. I was now going to live in one of the spare bedrooms in the rovers with Michelle. It was the only one on the top floor and I even had my own bathroom. Steve had been getting it ready since the decision was made that I would live there. Michelle and I took the first load of my stuff up. The room was light and warm with a double bed against one wall with a bedside table next to it. There was a large wardrobe behind the door and a chest of drawers on the other side. In the other far corner was another set of drawers and a desk. The floor had soft carpets and the walls were white. There were dark curtains hanging on either side of the window.
"Is it alright?" Michelle said as she put down two suitcases on the floor below the window.
"Yeah, I love it."
"Good, shall we go and get the rest then?"
"Yeah"

After about three trips up and down the stairs, everything was in my room.
"Right I'm just gonna go and sort some stuff downstairs, are you gonna be alright to start unpacking?"
"Yeah" i said.
I put on some music and put the first suitcase on my bed. It took me about twenty minutes to unpack it, so I moved onto the second one. I pulled out my sheets, I chose my purple stripey one and put it on my bed before putting the rest on the top shelf of my wardrobe. Then I took out my blankets along with Bella's and placed them on the end of my bed.

I unpacked clothes and shoes and books and stationery for school. The last suitcase I unpacked had a lot of random things in, there was a bunch of pictures and posters that had been on my wall as well as some of zizzi's blankets, leads and treats. I had laid zizzi's bed on the floor next to my bedside table and put her things in a drawer of one of the chests. I had put everything away and was sort out my desk when Michelle came in.
"Hey angel" she said as she sat down on my bed with zizzi.
"Hey"
"Are you all unpacked?"
"Yeah"
"We'll go to ikea in a few days to get some lamps and decoration things."
"Cool"
"And I got a call about your school, they said that they are fine with you going back and continuing your a-levels there"
"Really?"
"Yeah, I was thinking you know, when I've finished school maybe when or if I have a job I could move back to mums old flat."
"Do you want to get out of here that quickly?"
"No I don't mean it like that"
"It's alright, I know you don't, that would be good, independence and all that."
"Yeah, but I don't really want to run the factory like mum did, I mean I want to own it but not run it"
"That's alright I'm sure Johnny and Aidan would be ok with that, maybe talk to them about it though."
"Yeah I will, but I think I know what I do want to be when I am older."
"What?"
"I want to be a teacher, like a primary school teacher"
"Why?"
"Because I want to teach people, people like Bella."
"I think that's an amazing idea, and it's good that you have something to work on."
"Yeah and now I have my driving lessons soon, so I can go into Manchester with Bethany and stuff."
"Of course you can" Michelle said, then she looked at me and paused
"What?" I said
"Your mum would be so proud of you, you know, she is probably up there thinking, how did I have such an amazing daughter? How did she become so brave and independent? Even after everything that you've been through, Isla, you still have that smile on your face"
"You know that's why everyone called me Isla smiler"
"Really?"
"Yeah, cos when I was a baby I was always smiling"
"I just thought it was because it rhymed"
"No"
"I think it's good that you have zizzi as well, because she is your responsibility and your thing to look after"
"Yeah and she doesn't argue or talk back"
"Yeah" Michelle said as she giggled.
"You know, it was car accidents, car accidents killed all of them"
"Yeah I know Angel" Michelle said as she got up and hugged me.
"You need to make them proud, ok, you have to be their living memory, ok?"
"Yeah"