The engagement party (part one)

Tonight was our uncle rob's and Tracy's engagement party. it was being held in the pub. mum and Peter had gotten over their recent argument and had decided to put it behind them. Peter had wondered if mum was up to going to the party but she said she was fine to go.

That evening when we were ready, we left the twins with Sophie, because she was babysitting. We then headed across the road to the rovers.
Peter was looking increasingly on edge, as well as rob.
Mum and Tracy started to have an argument. Tracy didn't know that mum was pregnant and wanted her to have a drink. mum refused and Tracy wanted to know why. mum stood next to rob, not wanting to tell everyone about her pregnancy. "why don't you just have a flaming drink then?" Tracy yelled at mum. "I am not gonna have a drink because I am drunk. I am not having a drink because I'm pregnant." mum yelled back at her. she didn't mean for it to come out like that but it did. her face was red and I could see her hands shaking. "speech, speech" everyone shouted to Peter. he was now standing next to mum, holding her hand, something wasn't right. Elsa and I were sitting at the other end of the pub watching the events take place. "well obviously we are excited about the new arrival. Carla may not be your typical yummy mummy," mum lightly tapped Peter's hand and Tina walked in. "but she has done an amazing job with the girls and Harry and I think she is going to be amazing again." Peter finished. everyone clapped and cheered. he was looking even more on edge now. him Tina and rob were all making weird eye contact with each other. Mum hadn't caught on and neither had Tracy but I did. suddenly Tina dropped the bag she was holding and walked closer to mum. "I'm leaving," she said to mum, "why darling? Where are you going?" Mum asked as she turned around. "away" she said, picking up her bag and walking out. mum turned to Peter and said "what was all that about?" Peter shrugged his shoulders and followed Tina outside, rob wasn't far behind. Mum sat at the end of the bar and waited for Peter to come back.

He was gone for a while but when he came back he said "Carla we need to talk in the back room" "what Peter? Why?" Mum said looking puzzled but she followed him in there anyway. Michelle called me over "what's all that about?" She asked me but I shrugged my shoulders and called Elsa over. we went to sit on the bottom stairs at the back of the pub. Elsa sat next to me and we listened to them arguing. "an affair?" Michelle said. Elsa looked up at me. I pulled her close to me and kissed her head. I heard Peter say "come on think about this all this stress it's not good for the baby" I had almost forgotten about mum being pregnant until now and I knew the stress wouldn't be good for it.
Suddenly mum came out of the back room, Michelle tried to stop her and slow her down. "Carla what's happened?" "His affair with Tina and I'm gonna kill her" mum shouted as she went through into the pub. Mum pulled away from Michelle's grip. I followed behind leaving Elsa with Liz and went outside.