Suprise

"Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, and now this happens" I said as I sat tearing up a tissue, wanting to break it into as many pieces as my heart was in right now. Michelle stroked my arm and pulled me into her, my head resting on her chest and her kissing my hair. I let out another cry, I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't hold it in anymore.
"I know Angel, let it all out" Michelle said as I cried.
"Why does it have to happen to me? Why does everyone I love have to leave?"
"I don't kn-" Michelle stopped as the door swung and Gail was stood there with Bethany and David either side of her. Her face was red and her eyes were  puffy. Michelle and I stood up.
"Are they-?" Gail said. I nodded and David put her arm around her then pulled her into him. Bethany walked towards me and as we hugged, we burst into tears.

A while later, we were told we could go home. We walked in the front door. I walked in and picked up a picture of the five of us that was on the table in the porch. I pulled it into my chest as I sat down on the bottom step. Michelle was in the kitchen on the phone with the others, she came out into the porch and handed me the phone.
"It's grandma" she said, she meant my dads mum.

*phonecall*
Grandma: hi darling
Me: hi grandma
G: are you ok darling?
Me: kinda
G:grandad and I are going to be on the next flight over ok?
Me: yeah
G:now if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to but what happened Isla?
Me: we were going onto a roundabout and this lorry came round and then the car just just crashed and I don't really remember after that. They've gone grandma, they've gone
G: I know baby I know, it's going to be ok
Me: but Jess and Bella they're gone and mum and Nick, that's it grandma, they aren't coming back, just like dad.
G:shhh it's ok, now why don't you ask Michelle for your favourite egg sandwich and talk to her and I will see you in a couple of days ok?
Me:yeah love you
G:I love you too

*phonecall*

I could tell she was about to break down in tears and that's why she put the phone down. But by this time, zizzi, our six month old border collie had joined me on the stairs and was sat with her head on my lap. I stroked her and kissed her head before whispering in her ear,
"It's just me and you now zizzi"

Michelle popped her head around the door and said,
"What did grandma say?"
"She'll be here in a few days, it's gonna be ok, she could barely speak she was so upset"
"I know," she said as she knelt down in front of me, "let me guess, did she say should have an egg sandwich"
I nodded and handed her the phone.
"Come on then" she said and I got up, she put her arm around me and we went into the kitchen, with zizzi following behind.

Even though mum, Nick, Bella and Jess were gone, one day it would be alright, even though it would be a while.

A/N- it's a bit of a shocker I know but I had an idea and think this storyline could go in so many directions. Also in so emotional, I cried making this. Hope you like it
Lotti